14. Tangled threads

"Are you mad or what?" Zubair held his arm ,halting his motion.

"So you want me to abandoned my wife just like dada jaan abandoned his only daughter?" Uzair was furious on his grandfather's behaviour at this crucial situation.

"He can't just say 'I've no daughter" when he hear that she is kidnapped. He should keep aside his grudges atleast when she is in danger."

"He is mad at phuppu jaan that's why he said that." Zubair tried to calm him down.

"Whatever,now leave me .I need to go .My wife must be waiting for me ." Uzair jerked his hand and marched towards the exit.

"Why the freaking hell you are behaving so idiotically." Zubair again held his arm.

"We can't just go and rescue them . We need a plan to act upon. The way you are behaving will put their life in danger." At that uzair scrutinized his gaze on him and sighed frustratingly.

"Come with me." Zubair dragged him towards the library.

                      ************

"Am I speaking to Azam?" Fakhira Begum's voice sliced the thick silence of the library.

"Yes you are? May I know who are and what can I do for you?" Hearing the desired person's voice ,she sighed in relief.

"Can I come to your home with my daughter Faria Ali Shah?" She asked in low voice.

The silence in the other side made it clear for Fakhira Begum that Azam was now deciphering the predicament.

"Yes ...." Few minutes later she heard him speak.

"Be ready to welcome me with nikah khawan ( islamic scholar who make the nikah happen)  tomorrow at sharp 9am .

She sighed ,her heart heavy with the decision she made.

Her eyes teared up making her vision blur.

Wiping her tears ,she stood up with determination and went to her daughter's room . She needed her to prepare as it was only 10 hours left for her take her daughter to Azam's home instead the parlour.

                 **************

Sudden creak of the door brought her out of the past .

The man who had kidnapped them entered the room holding a flambeau since it was dark . The little light which was sipping in from the ventilators were also gone after the sunset.

Faria and eishal glared him whilst setting their duppatta properly.

"Let us go." Eishal growled and was about to march towards the man but Faria held her hand halting her motion.

"Keep calm." Faria whispered in her ear and turned towards the man.

"Shouldn't I know the reason behind my kidnapping?" She stared him directly in his eyes ,the yellow flame and the Taciturnity around making the atmosphere mysterious and scary for the two lady.

"Well well ,why so hurry ? I will tell you everything but first let me have a seat." A man entered followed by his  sinister voice .

Faria's eyes widen with mixture of surprise and fear.

"Durrani uncle." She gasped.

"I'm glad you remember me." He said and sat on one of the chair.

"Why you kidnapped me?" She asked after few minutes ,not being able to tolerate his piercing hateful gaze.

"I will tell you everything but first let me have a look of the murderer of my son." He said and resumed looking at her.

"Murderer." Eishal's lips moved inaudibly and eyes widen unbelievably.