17.Tangled Threads

"Atiffff!!!" A loud and long shriek of Mrs Asghar echoed in the condo.

"Mom, what are you doing here? " He rasped whilst covering his ears with pillows and hiding himself more in the blanket.

"Oh my God!! You have messed up everything here." She looked around disapprovingly and sat down in his bed whilst setting aside his used clothes with a pinch ,not forgetting to scrunch up her nose in disgust.

"Mom, when my life is a mess I can't keep things around me clean." He said gruffly whilst pulling out the pillow from his face and looked at his mother with extreme sad expressions.

Mrs Asghar melted seeing the state of her son.

"You are giving me the vibes of defeated lover. " Mrs Asghar cooed him with a teasing smile and he put his face in the pillow again.

"Mom, if you are done making fun of me then please leave me alone." He looked miserable.

"I've a good news for you, only if you want to listen?"She stood up and feigned like she was leaving.

At that ,Atif sat up abruptly and held his mother's arm.
"What's the good news?"

"First freshen up and get rid of this tribal look." She said indicating to his long beard and hair.

He nodded and disappeared in the washroom. He was in haste.

She shook her head with a smile on her face and started cleaning up his room.

She was almost done cleaning when he came out with a towel hanging from his nape.

"This must be the fastest shower of your life." She joked while discarding his used clothes in the basket.

"Mom, tell me." He impatiently asked and dragged her mother to the bed and made her sit before taking seat in front of her.

"I have put the engagement ring of your name in Hadiya's finger with her parents and her's mutual consent."

Atif was rewinding everything his mother poured just a while ago and finally when he understood, he squeezed his mother in a tight hug whilst a loud throaty, full of life laughter echoed in that condo.

****«*****»****

"Azam, I want Isra's hand for my grandson Zubair." Zulfiquar said and looked at Adam for his answer.

Zubair, stiffed in his place with clenched hand. Uzair looked at him with worry.

Azam looked at his wife and then his daughter, who was looking at him ,trust on her father swirling in her midnight black orbs .

"Baba Jaan, I can't say anything without asking my daughter. " Azam said respectfully.

"What's the problem then?"Zulfiquar said and looked at his granddaughter.

"What do you think about this proposal ?" He addressed Isra now.

"Nana Jaan, I want some time to think. " She answered her grandfather with a confidence her father's support and understanding had bestowed her