#4 The mysterious Mrs

INT. OUTSIDE THE LECTURE HALL - AFTERNOON

The class was dismissed shortly after the schedules were distributed.
The Professors and students left the lecture hall.

Elizabeth, Charlotte and Emily are having a small conversation when Charles greeted three other students that were not in class earlier.

CHARLES
(throwing light punches at one of the guy)
What took you guys so long? Arriving after the class has ended, really?

SHAWN
(removes his earphones)
We figured the first class is always about the introduction and stuff so we decided to skip it. Wait, they don't take attendance on the first class right?

SCARLET
I highly doubt they do. The first class is always a waste of time, except....
(glances at Charlotte and Emily)
for the newcomers?

ELIZABETH
(excited)
Let me introduce you two to my best friend Scarlet! And Scarlet, this is Charlotte and Emily.

CHARLOTTE
Hi! Charlotte Anderson. Nice to meet you.

EMILY
(smiles)
Yupp, nice to meet you. I'm Emily.

SCARLET
(smiles and hugs both of them)
New friends! Finally! Oh and this
(points at the other guy)
is Kinglsey Beckett.

EMILY
Beckett? That's familiar..... (gasped)
You don't happen to be the chancellor's son...right, by any chance?

KINGSLEY
(awkwardly fixing his hair and stutters when he speaks)
U-umm.. well yes, I-I am.

CHARLES
He's really shy around girls.

CHARLOTTE
(finds it cute when he stutters and let out a light chuckle)

KINGSLEY
(notices Charlotte's chuckle and blushes)
It's a pleasure meeting you...

ELIZABETH
I guess that's enough for the introducing part. Let's head to the cafeteria for lunch! I'm starvingggg.

-----------------------------

INT. CAFETERIA - AFTERNOON

Elizabeth and the others gave a little tour around the campus to Charlotte and Emily.
After they arrived at the cafeteria, they bought their lunches and found a table big enough for all of them to sit.
On the other side of the cafeteria, Benedict is surrounded by his colleagues who are all curious about his wedding.

BENEDICT
(Takes a sip of his tea)
It was nothing big. Just a simple ceremony with both of our families, really.

TOM
(speaks in a surprised tone)
But I can't believe it! I've been friends with you for years and I never knew you had a girlfriend! Who is she? We need photos!

RACHEL
(rolls her eyes a little when they are not looking and speaks in a pretentious tone)
Exactly! We just want to know who that lucky lady is! She must be a beauty for our Professor Cumberbatch to came up with the decision of settling down.... and spend the rest of his life with.

BENEDICT
To be honest I've never thought of it before. Me being a married man, spending the rest of my life with her, have kids in the futu... wait what? This is ridiculous. Why am I imagining things that will NEVER happen?
(clears throat)
Well, I'd say she's average. She's very shy and likes to keep things low. I respect that. So don't expect to see her showing up in one of our gatherings any time soon.

TOM
(scoffs)
But that's not fair mate. I mean... we have to go over to your house at some point right? Say, for a football game night! It's tonight! Our tradition! You are not breaking it right?? So I can meet her then?

BENEDICT
(finishes his tea)
You know what, you're right. But since my wife is really shy and I don't think she's going to want to have guests coming over, what do you say if we change the venue to your place instead?
(smirks)

TOM
WHAT? NO!

BENEDICT
(stands up and ready to leave the table)
I'm glad the decision is made.
See you tonight, Tom.

Benedict left the cafeteria and goes back to his office.
After Benedict left the table,

TOM
I understand that Benedict is a very low profile person but keeping his wife away from us?? Unbelievable! It'll only make me want to meet her more.

RACHEL
Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm on the same page with you for this one. I'd like to meet the mysterious Mrs Cumberbatch too.....

------------------------------

EXT. NEAR THE FOUNTAIN - EVENING

After their lunch, Charlotte and her group of new friends walked around the campus a little more, just to get familiar around the place.
They are walking towards the entrance of the dorm.

SHAWN
(Reads text message)
Hey you guys, my friend from the Engineering faculty is hosting a party tonight! We should go!

Scarlet, Charles and Kingsley agree to join Shawn.

ELIZABETH
YESSSS! I THINK WE SHOULD TOO!!
And since Charlotte and Emily are both new here, you guys can hang around and get to know more people too!

EMILY
My original plan for tonight was to stay in the dorm and watch Netflix anyways. So yeah, that's cool with me. Plus, who can say no to unlimited free booze?

ELIZABETH
Great! What about you Charlotte? Please comeeee, pleaseeeee.
(looks at Charlotte with puppy eyes)

CHARLOTTE
Should I ask Benedict about it? I'm not sure if he's okay with me being out at night..... no wait, he didn't give me his number??? Our previous meetings are all arranged by his dad. I didn't realize the fact that I didn't have his number saved on my phone. I left my keys at home too, what a coincidence. Damn it. Guess I don't have much options now..
Ummm I guess so. But can I please stay in your dorm until the party, Emily? I left my keys at home and my... umm... parents are not home yet.

EMILY
Oh, so you're still staying with your parents? But sure! I should thank you for keeping me accompany!

Shawn then creates a group chat and added all of them in.
The name of the group chat is 「Beauties and the Beasts」,
chosen by Elizabeth, of course.
After they confirmed the venue and the time for the party, they head back to their dorms to get ready for tonight.