#21 No more secrets

INT. CAR - MORNING

The tension in the car is real.
Emily and Elizabeth sat at the back, body tensed in a straight position and Charlotte sits in front trying to come up with an explanation while 'Everything' by Michael Bublé is playing on the radio.

You're a fallen star
You're the getaway car
You're the line in the sand
When I go too far

You're the swimming pool
On an August day
And you're the perfect thing to say

And you play it coy
But it's kinda cute
Oh when you smile at me
You know exactly what you do

Baby don't pretend
That you don't know it's true
'Cause you can see it when I look at you.

Benedict lightly taps on the steering wheel along with the rhythm of the song.
Not sure what's going on his mind, or how he feels about the situation, but it seems like he's couldn't be bothered by the fact that Emily and Elizabeth has discovered his relationship with Charlotte.
But he is instead very irritated by the buzzing sound coming from their phones.

[11:40AM]
ELIZABETH: AM I DREAMING OR ARE WE REALLY IN PROFESSOR CUMBERBATCH'S CAR??

[11:41AM]
EMILY: Girl, if you're dreaming then chances are I'm either in the same dream as you, or I'm just dreaming about you thinking that we're dreaming the same dream.

[11:42AM]
ELIZABETH: We need answers! Should we text Charlotte now? But what if Professor Cumberbatch sees it? Oh god, I still can't believe he's driving us, IN HIS CAR, and we're about to have lunch with him!!!

BENEDICT
(Clears throat)
Just so the both of you know, you're allowed to speak in the car. The buzzing sound is rather distracting.

The two girls stopped texting immediately after Benedict's word.
Awkward silence.

You're a mystery
You're from outer space
You're every minute of my everyday

And I can't believe that I'm your man
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can
Whatever comes our way
We'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do

Despite the cheery song, Charlotte feels bad for her friends.
She figured they must have lots of questions going on their minds right now.

CHARLOTTE
(Sighs and turn to look at them)
Girls... I can explain.

ELIZABETH
(Trying to whisper to her)
Um... I hope it's not offensive or nosy of me asking, but is Professor Cumberbatch related to your parents or something? Cause if I'm not mistaken, your mum called him...
(Mouth the words to Charlotte)
Benedict dear.....

EMILY
(Nods quickly in agreement)

CHARLOTTE
(Awkwardly tucks a lock of her hair behind her ears)
Well....yes, we're...related and that's why my mum is close with him.
(Nervously looks at Benedict for a moment)

ELIZABETH
(Looks at her with wide eyes in suprise but curious at the same time)
So are you guys like....cousins?
Though Professor Cumberbatch seems a little too old to be her cousin but it's definitely impossible for him to be her uncle too.
...or what?