#13 L is for the way you look at me

「This chapter is dedicated to BennyBoyCumbers, my first friend on Wattpad! Thank you for your kind words and votes. ♡
Also to MelroseFaye! Thank you for supporting and for voting! 」

INT. LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Charlotte, Benedict and Rosie got up early and had cereal as breakfast.
After their breakfast, they sat on the sofa to watch telly.
Benedict got a call and went upstairs to answer it.

KNOCKS ON DOOR

CHARLOTTE
(Tells Rosie)
I'll go check if it's your daddy and mummy okay?

ROSIE
(Nods and continue watching Peppa pig)

Charlotte then got up from the sofa and went to open the door.

MARTIN
(Looks at the house number, and looks back at Charlotte. Puzzled look on his face)
U-um... Is Benedict at home?

CHARLOTTE
Oh, you must be Martin! Here for Rosie?

MARTIN
(Smiles)
Yes, and yes.

CHARLOTTE
(Steps back)
Benedict's on a phone call but please, come in and have a seat.

Martin went into the living room and Rosie ran to him and gave him a big hug.
While Charlotte is preparing tea for Martin, Rosie couldn't stop telling her daddy about her new Aunt Charlotte.
Few minutes later, Charlotte came out of the kitchen with a cup of tea while Benedict is walking down the stairs.

CHARLOTTE
(Speaks softly)
I'll bring Rosie upstairs to get ready while you guys talk.

BENEDICT
Hey Martin! You're early. How was Amanda's dad? Where's Amanda?

MARTIN
(Sigh)
Thank god it wasn't a serious one, the accident. He's better now. We just got back from the hospital and I asked Amanda to go get some rest so I came to bring Rosie back alone.

BENEDICT
That's good to know. You should get some rest too. You look tired.

MARTIN
(Raised his eyebrows)
Enough about me. Care to explain why is there a lady in your house, early in the morning, and oh Rosie told me she slept with her last night too. What is going on? Who is she, Benedict?

BENEDICT
(Rubbing the back of his neck)
Ah... I forgot to introduce her to you earlier. That's Charlotte. She's um....

MARTIN
(Wide eyes and mouth)
Your girlfriend? I can't believe you didn't tell us about-

BENEDICT
..my wife

MARTIN
....her
(Paused)
She's your what? I got to go wake Amanda up and tell her about it When did that happened??? Why aren't we invited?

BENEDICT
(Sighs)
Long story short....

Benedict explained the whole situation to Martin.

MARTIN
(Lowered eyebrows and squinted eyes)
So.. Carlton wanted you to marry her,  you found out that she's your student and both of you are living together now?