#7 Personal tutor

INT. BENEDICT'S OFFICE – MORNING

Rachel knocks on the door informing Benedict that she has gotten him his breakfast.

RACHEL
(smiles)
Good morning Professor Cumberbatch!
Your breakfast, here.
(places breakfast and coffee on the desk)

BENEDICT
Thank you, Dr Rachel.
You don't have to get me breakfast for tomorrow.
Actually, from tomorrow onwards.

RACHEL
(shocked)
W-why? What's wrong? Was the food that I got you not fit your appetite? I get you other things. What do you prefer?

BENEDICT
Oh no, no. It's great and I really appreciate that Rachel.
It's just that my wife really enjoys cooking and she'd like me to have breakfast with her in the morning.
Well, not really. Even though it has only been two mornings, but I feel horrible turning her down when she offers to cook for me.

RACHEL
God, how much more can this "wife" take away from me?
We've had this breakfast 'moment' for the past two years...where I get to talk to him more, just the two of us....
Having to buy him breakfast just makes me feel closer to him...like it was my responsibility..
Oh... Mrs Cumberbatch sure is wonderful huh.... I guess this is it then... Alright!
(Force smiles)

BENEDICT
(Smiles)
Thank you very much, for the past two years, thank you Rachel.

------------------------------

INT. TOILET - MORNING

Rachel left the office.
She head over to the toilet.
Tears coursed down her cheeks.
She wipes away the tears from her eyes with her hand, looks at her own reflection in the mirror,

RACHEL
It's okay Rachel Adams! It's not the end for you and Benedict! You still get to see him everyday! You'll figure out another way to show him your affection! Eventually he'll realise the things that you've done for him throughout the years. It was you, not her!

------------------------------

INT. BENEDICT'S OFFICE

Benedict is done with his breakfast and goes through all the readings that he had prepared for the class once again. After he's done with that as well, he took out his phone and send Charlotte a text.

[8:25AM]
BENEDICT: Go straight back to home after your classes. I'll pick you up around 7pm after I'm done with work.

Sent.
Several minutes later, Charlotte replies.

[8:30AM]
CHARLOTTE: Noted. :)

Benedict smiles at the text emoticon before Tom barges into the room.

TOM
(slightly high pitched voice)
YOU have NO IDEA!

BENEDICT
Well actually I do. You're bloody pissed, as you stated in your text last night. I'm sorry Tom, I kn-

TOM
(excited)
No no no! I'm over it! I just checked my email this morning and guess what?

Benedict looks curious and shrugged his shoulders.

TOM
You know how we have to be personal tutor to at least one student in order to guide them with their dissertation paper? Well last year I got not one, but TWO boys. It was a nightmare!!! So-so-so boring. So this year I only requested one and guess what!? The system has chosen a girl to be UNDER my supervision this time!!!