#8 Thank you

INT. BENEDICT'S OFFICE - MORNING

Benedict is checking his emails.

BENEDICT
Elizabeth Kensington and Vanessa Cunningham..... I wonder if Tom wants to switch Charlotte for either one of them.... What is wrong with me... I'm really just over thinking about it.... Tom is not going to be interested in her.....

*Buzz*, he received a text.
He looks at his phone and realises it was from Charlotte.

[11:06AM]
CHARLOTTE: I'm really sorry if my conversation with my friends interrupted your speech earlier. Won't happen again! :(

He sighs after reading the text.

BENEDICT
I am not mad because of her small talks in class... I'm just upset at the system which assigned you to Tom. Out of so many Professors.... Why Tom....
He's my best mate but you're my.... lawfully wedded wife.... If anything is to happen between you guys.. I can't even stand the thought of it.

------------------------------

Charlotte, Emily and Elizabeth are at the cafeteria.
Emily and Elizabeth both got coffee while Charlotte sips on her tea.
Charlotte looks at her phone once every several minutes, waiting for his reply.

EMILY
(Looks at Charlotte and her phone)
Who are you texting with?

CHARLOTTE
It's u-um.... just a friend

EMILY
(Smirks)
Oh, just a friend? Or do you mean a boy....friend?

CHARLOTTE
(Blushes)
N-no... JUST a friend alright.

ELIZABETH
Someone is being really shy right now~

*Beeps*, he replied.

[11:12AM]
BENEDICT: We'll talk about it tonight.

CHARLOTTE
Well, shit....

ELIZABETH
(Continues)

But jokes aside, are you free tonight?

CHARLOTTE
How can I ditch Benedict tonight when he's probably mad at me... Although all I did was just talk.... But still....
I'm sorry but I have plans for tonight... But why though?

ELIZABETH
I thought you can come over and stay in our dorm, just want to spend a 'girls night'. But no worries. I guess it's just me, Emily and Scarlet tonight then.

------------------------------

INT. LIVING ROOM - EVENING

It's 8:00PM and Charlotte has been waiting for an hour now.

CHARLOTTE
Well... he said around 7... Maybe something came up at work? But if it's work then he should've send me a text to inform me.....or has he already forgotten about this? Should I text him....? What if he's in a middle of something?

Just when Charlotte is struggling,
Benedict's car pull up outside the house.
Benedict did not get out of it so Charlotte assumes that he wants her to get into the car.
She made sure she has switched off the lights and closes the door.
After she got into the car, Benedict starts driving.