#17 Falling in love with you

INT. BEDROOM - MORNING

The alarm goes off at 8AM waking Charlotte up while Benedict is still asleep.
The faint smell of alcohol and the warmth she felt from her back  reminded her of what happened last night.
They kissed for the first time, he left these bruises on her neck and threatened her not to cover it up.
He also insist to sleep in the same bed with her.
She blushes at the memories.
Benedict hasn't told her that he accidentally revealed her identity to Tom and Rachel because he was totally driven by his jealousy.
Hence, Charlotte is still unsure of why he acted so strangely last night.

He must have burried his face in her hair as she can feel him breathing on her neck.
She tried to get up but it's difficult for her because Benedict's arms are still wrapped around her from the back and she didn't want to wake him up.
She then continue to struggle her way out of his arm until she hears a low husky voice.

BENEDICT
(Slightly annoyed but didn't let go of her)
Stay still, will you? Someone is still trying to get some sleep here.

CHARLOTTE
(Stops struggling and speaks softly)
I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to wake you up but I-um... I have a meeting and I'm going to be late....

BENEDICT
(Let go of her and rubs his eyes sleepily)
You can take the car, if you want.

Charlotte got out of the bed and walked over to the wardrobe to pick out her outfit.

BENEDICT
(On the bed with his face burried in the pillow)
Don't you dare think about hiding the marks... I will know.

Maybe it's because he's really sleepy, his tone now is not at all threatening but a little childish. Charlotte let out a soft chuckle and head into the bathroom to freshen up and change out of her pyjamas.

When she got out of the bathroom, wearing a simple t-shirt with a pair of skinny jeans, Benedict is fast asleep again.

「Don't forget that my parents are coming over for dinner tonight. Get sober! xC」

She left a note on the bedside table just incase if Benedict wakes up before her return from the meeting.

------------------------------

INT. CAFE - MORNING

Tom didn't sleep well last night. In fact, he hasn't been sleeping at all.
Knowing that Charlotte's identity now would definitely cause a huge impact on their relationship, he was picturing of all the possible outcomes.
Most of them weren't ended on good terms.
Therefore he has been debating whether if he should come to the meeting or not.
But he chose to show up in the end.
Sitting alone in the cafe, he started thinking if Charlotte would show up.

TOM
What if she doesn't show up?
Will we never talk again?
What if she hates me?
What jf-

CHARLOTTE
(Standing over at the entrace, waving at Tom)
Tom!

Charlotte walked over to the table and sat down.

CHARLOTTE
(Settling her bag and looks at Tom with an apologetic look)
I am so sorry for being late! I was really tired so I sort of slept in for a while.

TOM
(Smile)
No worries. I just arrived too.

The waiter then came over to take their orders.
They talked about her research topic for awhile.
About 15 minutes later, the waiter came back with their coffees.

TOM
(Noticed the bruises on her neck before realising what it is)
Are you hurt?
(Gestures at her neck)

CHARLOTTE
Hurt? Where?
(Blushes once she realise what Tom is referring to and stutters when she speaks)
Oh... t-this is um...

TOM
(Quickly realises what those are judging from Charlotte's face)
Well, aren't you an idiot Tom!?
Ah.... I'm so sorry. I didn't know...
I shouldn't have asked.
(Looks down at his coffee)

CHARLOTTE
Damn you, Cumberbatch!
(Awkward)
It's okay. You don't look so well. Are you okay?

TOM
(Faking a laugh)
Yeah. Probably because I didn't get enough sleep, I guess. After all, it is a shocking news to me...

CHARLOTTE
(Clueless)
What news?

TOM
(Confused)
Didn't Benedict told you last night when he got home?

CHARLOTTE
How does he know that we live together? Wait....
No.... What did he told you?

TOM
(Raised eyebrows)
I'm surprised he didn't tell you about it. Well, he told me... and Rachel, that... both of you are married.

CHARLOTTE
He didn't just...... unbelievable!
I.... We're not supposed to tell anyone.

TOM
But why? Did you intend on keeping your marriage a secret?

Charlotte then explains the whole story to Tom.
Feeling a little relieved about the situation, Tom got back to his old self.

TOM
So, when you were telling me about the man that you were seeing. You were referring to Ben?

CHARLOTTE
(Nods)
You're right. I was... puzzled and unsure of our relationship. I really don't know where will this lead us to.

TOM
(Looks at Charlotte in the eyes)
Hey... please just remember that I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. Though it will pain me to see you cry.

CHARLOTTE
(Stupid enough to neglect the tone and feelings of Tom when he said those things)
Thanks Tom. You've been nothing but extremely kind to me. But I really hope I can work things out with him.
*Author: Damn me for indirectly breaking poor Tom's heart like this sobs*

Little does she know that Tom's heart has breaks a little when she said with gleaming eyes that she wanted things to work out with Benedict.
But seeing her smile back makes his heart feels contented again.
After the meeting, Tom offered to drive her back but Charlotte told him that she drove the car here today.
Seeing Charlotte getting into Benedict's car and driving away,
Tom feels torn in between his relationship with Benedict, his bestfriend, and Charlotte, whom he finally realises that he had fallen really in love with.