#14 O is for the only one I see

INT. DINING TABLE - EVENING

After they've finished their dinner,
Martin offered to wash the dishes while Amanda, Benedict and Charlotte watches the telly.

AMANDA
(Rests chin on her palm)
I assume it must be boring living with Benedict isn't it, love?

Benedict looked at her in disbelief for asking a question like that but a part of him wants to know what Charlotte feels like living with him.

CHARLOTTE
(Chokes on her tea)
I-I'm sorry. Clumsy me. It's um...
Well, we've only been staying together for a little less than a week but so far... not really.

BENEDICT
Less than a week? It sure feels like a year for me.

AMANDA
Oh? I'm surprised.
Just for your information, we've been his neighbours for about six or seven years now, and we've never once seen him with a girl before! We almost wanted to introduce our guy colleague to him.

CHARLOTTE
(Giggles)
But he has got quite a number of fans in our University.

BENEDICT
(Embarrased but also curious about his fans)
Really? I didn't know.

CHARLOTTE
Yup. They find you really hot- um I mean attractive.. (Fake cough)
but! Intimidating at the same time. Probably because you're always so serious? Hence nobody dare to approach you or show you how much they adore you. Unlike Professor Hiddleston.

BENEDICT
(His brows drew together)
What's with the two of you complimenting each other to me?

AMANDA
(Notices Benedict's facial expression changed)
Oh? What about him, this Professor Hiddleston that you mentioned?

CHARLOTTE
(Unaware of the situation)
He's got equally as much fans as Benedict too. But the student find him.. easier to approach, I guess? He's just much more friendly and kind, and oh, he jokes a lot too!

BENEDICT
(His jaw clenched and he got up from the sofa)
It's getting late. I think we should go now, Charlotte.

Charlotte thanked Amanda and Martin before catching up with Benedict, who left her walking behind.
Amanda definitely knew what has happened. She quickly told Martin that Benedict was upset because Charlotte was going on and on saying nice things about 'Professor Hiddleston'. 
Charlotte, innocent and still unaware of what has happened, assumes that Benedict is just tired after a long day out.
Instead of anger, Benedict feels....sad.
Sad because he's unsure of what Charlotte thinks of him.

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

CHARLOTTE
(Trying to be considerate)
Do you want me to draw a bath for you?

BENEDICT
(Sigh)
Charlotte?

CHARLOTTE
(Turn to look at him)
Hmm?

BENEDICT
Do you really think I'm...
unapproachable?

CHARLOTTE
Is it just me or does he really have this "I'm hurt" face right now?
OH! So he's upset because of what I said earlier....
No... not to me.
I mean, um, I think you're just being professional, you know, when you're around your students. They just don't get it.

BENEDICT
(Walks closer to Charlotte)
But you do?

CHARLOTTE
U-um... Yea? You're nice to me for now, I guess?

BENEDICT
(Raised his eyebrows)
Guess? I am trying my best to be nice to you Charlotte.
You know what, I'm going to prove to you just how nice I can be.

Benedict is now standing infront of Charlotte. Only few centimeters away from kissing her. He placed his hands on her waist and her whole body had tensed.

CHARLOTTE
What is he doing... Is he going to.....!Am I overthinking??

He leaned down and whispered in her ears, against her skin making her shiver.

BENEDICT
(Whispers)
You....

Charlotte can feel her own heart pounding so fast as he leaned closer to her.
She can't help but closed her eyes, waiting for what she thinks might be happening.

BENEDICT
(Smirk)

...can have the bed tonight.

Charlotte's face is blushing as red as a tomato when she realised that Benedict is still standing so close to her.

CHARLOTTE
No...kiss?
I-is he teasing me...?
(Bites lower lip)

BENEDICT
You've got to stop doing that whenever you're shy.
(Looks her in the eyes)
and you're always this shy.

-----------------------------

My laptop is not working so I wrote this on my phone :( I'm really sorry that I couldn't make this chapter a longer one but I promise I'll write more for the next one! ♡ xoC