ringo #7 | breaking up is hard to do

You felt very distant from Ringo lately. It felt like you were growing apart from him. Of course you still loved him but it was getting hard to believe the same of him. So you decided it was best to bring it up to him.

"Rings we need to talk, love" you said reluctantly. He nodded and sat next to you. "This may seem sudden but it feels like you're distancing from me. Are you okay baby?" You said genuinely. Ringo paused and looked away for a second. "No, not on purpose. I'm sorry you feel that way" he replied, biting his lip. You smiled and relaxed a bit.

For the next few weeks it felt amazing for the two of you. Like a new light was found in the relationship. But it went downhill soon after. Ringo barely swung around, barely called, barely did anything. Less than previously.

"Ringo, i think we should take a break" you said looking down. Ringo lifted your head and planted a kiss on your tender lips. "I love you" he said looking like he was about to cry. "I love you too but this is for our own good. We have to figure ourselves out" you paused "maybe we'll meet again, who knows" you said. A tear fell down Ringo's pale face but nodded. You walked him to the door and kissed his cheek, waving goodbye when he left the door frame.

It felt like a piece of your heart had been torn out but you knew it was for the best. You needed someone who would give you the attention you gave to them back. You met the perfect candidate for that spot two months later; Paul McCartney.

You married within two years and had two children. Ringo, however, went off the grid. You hadn't spoken to him since the day you broke it off. It worried you but it wasn't your main concern. You were raising two kids after all.