The plate

Simons pov
"Dad I cheated on my girlfriend" Eric said avoiding eye contact with David and I as he said this, "Are you done eating?" I asked looking at his empty plate, "um yes?" He said looking utterly confused at me "Good, go clean that plate and bring it back to me when you're done" I said before continuing to eat my own food, "what are you doing? Why aren't you saying something about him cheating on his girlfriend?" David asked confused when Eric went to go wash his plate "I'm getting there. He is going to break the plate so please don't get angry" I said softly "what? Why?" David asked getting even more confused "you'll see" I smiled quickly pecking him and then going back to my food "you're a confusing man, you know that?" David laughed "yup but you love me" I smiled, "of course I do" David smiled pecking my cheek as Eric came back in the room with his plate, "here dad" Eric said trying to hand me the plate, "I don't want the plate. I want you to drop it on the floor" I said putting my knife and fork down "why?" Eric asked, "just drop the plate" I said, "okay" Eric said reluctantly before dropping the plate, I heard David, Alfred and Eric cringe when the plate hit the ground a shattered, "now apologize to it" I said "dad that's so dumb, the plate doesn't have feelings" Eric said completely bewildered by what I was telling him to do, "that was not a question, it was a command" I said calmly "dad seriously?" Eric asked "just apologize to the plate Eric" Alfred said softly while he ate his dinner, "stay out of this Alfie" Eric said angrily, "don't talk to your brother like that, now apologize to him and the plate" I said just as calmly "ugh fine, sorry Alfred, sorry plate" Eric said crossing his arms, "say it like you mean it" I said, "sorry Alfred" Eric said a lot more sincerely "it's fine" Alfred said softly, "now apologize to the plate properly" I said, "it's a fucking plate!" Eric shouted, "Eric lower your voice, stop swearing and listen to your dad" David said firmer than I had been saying it "but it's a plate" Eric said throwing his hands up, "Eric give me your belt" I said getting tired of him not doing what I tell him to do "dad I'm sorry I will apologize to the plate" Eric said suddenly getting scared of me, "fine apologize to the plate like you mean it then" I said taking off my own belt, "I thought you didn't agree with hitting kids when they are naughty" David whispered into my ear while Eric apologized to the plate like he actually meant it, "I don't, I won't hit him I'm just letting him think I will for now" I whispered back, "there I apologized to it" Eric said still looking scared of me "is it back to one piece?" I asked looking between the broken plate and my son, "no" Eric said looking just as confused as he did before "Okay then give it an excuse as to why you broke it" I said, "I'm sorry my dad made me drop you" Eric said to the plate, "did that fix it?" I asked, "no" Eric said, "do you get what I'm trying to teach you here?" I asked "not at all" Eric said "you broke the plate, and apologized to it, you even made up an excuse but it didn't get fixed. You broke your girlfriends heart, if you told her then you probably apologized and made up an excuse , do you get it now?" I asked "ohh i get it" Eric frowned looking at the plate "good" I said taking my empty plate and throwing it on the floor giving everyone in the room a freight, "now take the plate I just broke and go fix it" I said, standing up and taking David's and Alfreds plate along with my knife and fork to the kitchen, "how am I supposed to fix it?" Eric asked running after me, "I don't know, figure it out" I said washing the dishes, "but I already learnt my lesson" Eric said confused "I'm teaching you something else now to do what I told you too" I said, "fine" Eric sighed walking out the kitchen, "who would've thought that you would be the one teach someone about why they shouldn't hurt someone" David joked wrapping his arms around me from behind, "yeah somebody really changed me" I laughed leaning back against him turning off the tap, "I get the first plate but why did you break the second plate?" David asked as I turned around in his arms, "just part of the lesson" I smiled, "you wont tell me will you?" David asked laughing "nope" I laughed, "Why don't we go watch some tv with Alfred until Erics done with whatever crap you are making him do then" David laughed "okay" I laughed moving away from him and walking to the tv room where Alfred was sat watching Love Island.

"Dad, how come you never shout at us?" Alfred asked turning around to face David and I, "you boys do what I tell you to do, most of the time, and when I tell you not to do something you don't do it" I shrugged, "I don't think you have ever told us not to do something, you just tell us the bad things about it and let us do us our thing" Alfred said "it works cause you two aren't extremely naughty, I mean you aren't Eric is naughty but he isn't drinking, smoking or doing drugs so I must be doing something right with the two of you" I said, "i guess you're right" Alfred smiled turning back to the tv, "I like that you are to much of a softy to shout at them" David whispered kissing the top of my head "I'm not a softy" I chuckled resting my chin on his chest you I could look up at him, "mhm sure you aren't" David laughed putting his hand on my back, "you are still comfortable with me lying on top of you right?" I asked suddenly getting worried that my weight was crushing him, "yes I love have you on top of me like this" David smiled, "good" I smiled moving my head so I could watch tv and still rest it on his chest while he scratched my back.

"Dad I finished it, I fixed the plate" Eric said triumphantly walking into the room waking me from my nap on David's chest, "was it hard to fix?" I asked tiredly "very" Eric said, "did you know how to do it in the beginning through to the end?" I asked, "no" Eric said "does it look the same as it did before I broke it?" I asked, "no" Eric said, "did you get annoyed with me for making you fix something I broke?" I asked, "yeah" Eric said, "someone, most likely her family, has to try and mend your girlfriends broken heart because you couldn't keep it in your pants, they like you with the plate probably don't know were to start, they will get annoyed at you for breaking it like that, and now your girlfriend will have trust issues and low self esteem in her next relationship and that person if they are the right person will have to work extra hard to make her feel like she can trust them and that she is worthy, so next time you want to cheat on a girlfriend remember this, remember that, that plate isn't the way it used to be and remember how annoyed you got trying to fix something you didn't break" I said getting up off David and the couch when I could see Eric was about to burst into tears, "I'm sorry" Eric cried falling into my arms after putting the plate down, "its okay buddy just don't do it again, don't make the same mistakes I made and apologize to her with no excuses just the truth" I said rubbing his back soothingly, "What if she doesn't forgive me?" He asked crying into my neck, "then you leave it knowing you did all you could don't harass her for her forgiveness" I said softly , he just nodded hugging me tighter, "go get some rest darling" I said kissing his cheek "Okay Daddy" Eric whispered moving from the hug before saying goodnight to David and Alfred with hugs, "we love you Eric" David and I said when he was walking out the room "love you too Dad, Papa" Eric said. "I'm going to bed now goodnight Alfie" I said leaning down to kiss his forehead "night dad, love you" Alfred said "love you too" I said before walking to David, "I'll see you upstairs" I said leaning down and kissing him softly "Okay babe" David smiled, I smiled back before walking to our bedroom.