🐱 Review #5 🐱

Title: Fake Me To Church

Author: BlueJay325

Genre: Mystery / Thriller

Subgenre: Teen fiction / Drama

Brief Description: Two at-odds teenagers are swept up in a murder investigation linked to the mysterious circumstances surrounding a young girl's disappearance over a decade ago.

Status: Ongoing

_______

🐾 NON-SPOILER OVERVIEW 🐾
_______

Honestly, this is one of the best written Wattpad books I've ever read, and I highly, highly recommend anyone to go check it out. It really deserves more recognition than it currently has.

It has major Riverdale Season 1 vibes (the only season I've watched XD) with a Christian twist. A town filled with secrets that would completely overturn everything it stands for, adults of high power hiding something that could damage their reputation, children of said adults involved in something very twisted that happened years in the past, major coverups of what happened involving an MC's big sister. Seriously, if you liked the first season of Riverdale, I'm sure you'd love this book.

I'm  not entirely sure how to describe it without giving it enough credit. I don't think people are giving it enough attention because of the religious aspect of it, but I assure you that this is an eye-opener for both Christians and non-Christians, and the plot itself should be enough to pull you in regardless of your religion.

Usually, I prefer mystery books that center around adults (mainly detectives/police/etc.), and I generally tend to stay away from teen-focused crime/mystery fiction, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I'm sure anyone who loves a good mystery will too.

This is honestly a Wattpad gem. Please, (if anyone is even reading my reviews other than the author), go check this book out. I promise it won't disappoint, and I don't want to spoil the book for you. It's has a very unique take on mystery, and I like that it isn't a typical Christian novel about a Christian girl meeting an atheist boy. 

(Side note: If you like Frank Peretti, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy this. Even though it has no supernatural vibes, it has similar mystery tones to his writing.)

)