🐱 Review #8 🐱

Title: The Ice Court

Author: Sin_lugar

Genre: Fantasy

Subgenre: Romance

Status: Ongoing

Brief Description: About a princess that arrives to a court, hoping to destroy it.

OMG, GUYS...IT'S OVER 11,000 WORDS LONG. THEY JUST GET LONGER AND LONGER WITH EVERY PASSING REVIEW. LOL, AND I THOUGHT MY FIRST ONE WAS LONG.

OH, AND I'M GIVING YOU SOME TOUGH LOVE. THIS IS HARSH REVIEW (AND UNEDITED BECAUSE IT'S WAY TOO LONG AND I'VE SUFFERED ENOUGH WRITING THIS OUT). :)

_______

🐾 NON-SPOILER OVERVIEW 🐾
_______

Okay. So, to start, I'm gonna say that this book is more of a Game of Thrones type fantasy rather than a LoTR type. It follows a more gritty (?), real-life-history inspired formula. There's no magic that I can decipher from it, and it's largely politics based (though it does get overshadowed by romance), so if you're into that stuff, you can give this a read.

Personally, I didn't particularly enjoy as much, but it might be because it also has a large romance subplot in there that I didn't care too much about.

⬆️ (Eh)

I mean, it was alright, but it didn't really stand out. To be honest, I feel like the story was moving a bit slow (but the pacing of the romance was a bit fast? Idk. More on this later), but I still went through it pretty quickly. It's easy to read, and I see a direction this story's going, so it still has its merits. It also gets much better as the story progresses, both grammar and writing wise.

The characters are okay, the setting feels like a generic medieval kingdom fantasy, and the plot has been done before. Overall, it's very average, and the romance that was shoveled onto me was a bit annoying (mainly because the romance itself had bad pacing and thus ruined the pacing of the overall book).