🐱 Review #7 🐱

Title: Not Just a Love Story

Author: nouveatoyou

Genre: Romance

Fandom: BTS Army

Status: Completed

Brief Description: It's about 'Her' journey of discovering that life can give surprises, good and bad, and takes an unexpected turn at the strangest of times.

_______

🐾 NON-SPOILER OVERVIEW 🐾
_______

Okay...

So, I am actually quite conflicted after reading this book. Like, there are a lot of problems that need fixing, but it has this charm to it that I can't put my finger on, and I didn't entirely hate it.

For one, it's quite easy to read, and the plot is very simple. People who like fanfics (and obviously, BTS, or more specifically, Jungkook) will thoroughly enjoy it.

I don't think I'll be very outspoken about this book. Personally, I think it's very average, and it has that amateur writing fanfiction is generally notorious for. It doesn't particularly stick out to me, but then again, fanfiction is my least favourite genre, so...

 It doesn't particularly stick out to me, but then again, fanfiction is my least favourite genre, so

⬆️
(My opinions are probably biased)

Anyway, one thing I really did like about this book is that Jungkook wasn't a smouldering bad boy who hates Amelia, and that Amelia is actually older than he is. That's a couple dynamic I rarely see in Wattpad.

Not Just A Love Story probably has what people generally look for in a fanfiction, and it wasn't particularly horrible, so it's just so-so for me. If you like Jungkook and fanfiction, I think you could give it a chance. The writing isn't that bad, but I will address problems I had with it below.

If you want an easy read about a love story with a girl and a boy-next-door type relationship, this might be a fun book. You also don't really need to know much about the fandom to get into the story, so there's that, too.