16. Say it isnt so

Due to their busy schedules, it has been 12 days and they have not yet met again. They send messages, call sometimes but Jisoo is feeling something and she cant get her finger to it.

"So the last time you saw him was when he met your brother?" Jihyo asked her.

"Yup." she said while playing with her food. They were both in the hospital pantry taking their lunch. They were both on morning shift for the past 7 days. "If i dont have work, he has schedules. I check with his manager and he is unable to move some event so we can see each other."

"And what did Jinyoung said about this?" Jihyo is getting a little irritated.

"Well last time he called, he said he is trying to move his schedule so he can visit. But i dont want him to lose some sleep because he is obligated to see me." Jisoo said then sighed.

"Do you think this has anything to do with you leaving some facts about your life?" Jihyo is now a little worried. Jisoo is losing some weight. She has been saying that it was because of her schedule before. But heck, they are in the morning now and emergency department is doing good.

"I dont think Jinyoung oppa is that petty." Jisoo said but at the back of her mind, she is thinking the same.

"Well, try to see him. Ask him for sometime.

-----------

Jisoos POV

Jisoo felt like crying. She has been thinking that she should have been honest with Jinyoung. As a fan, she knew how trustworthy Jinyoung is. His reputation as a loyal friend is known in the industry.

She sent a message to Jinyoung.

Jisoo: Oppa, you mentioned that you will be shooting scenes in Thailand for 2 months. When will that start?

Jinyoung: We will start shooting 6 days from now. Why?

Jisoo: Well, i just want to see you before you go.

Jinyoung: Ok. i will check my schedule then inform you of when I can be available. Or would you rather send me your schedule and I will work around that.

Jisoo: oh no need. i'll just work on your schedule. Let me know when we will meet again. Hugs and kisses!

Jinyoungs POV

He felt like crap! He shouldnt be feeling like he has been betrayed. Its not like Jisoo used him. However, he still feels that Jisoo think low of him. He does not need her familys money for crying out loud!

He then regretted what he thought. He knows that Jisoo did not deliberately lie to him. Like she said, she left information that was not important. Also, he know that sooner or later he will know what Jisoos family does for a living.

Him being proud and not dependent on others might cause his relationship with Jisoo. All because he felt that Jisoo left the details about his family because she does not trust him enough to love her for herself and not because of whatever riches her family has. He needs to talk to her before he goes to Thailand.

-----------
As it is, working on his schedule was hard for Jisoo. With her helping her brother in the next medical board meeting, she was not able to meet with Jinyoung before he went to Thailand.

Mark has been to the hospital to treat her lunch the day that Jinyoung left. He mentioned that Jinyoung was too quiet for the past weeks. "I wonder why we have not seen you? Are you working yourself to death?" Mark said looking at her. They are enjoying her 1 hour break that day.

"My brother has been asking help for the next board meeting. And i am trying to renew my NY and CA medical license or else I can not work in any US hospital if there is a need. I am so exhausted. I cant wait for the board meeting to finish." Jisoo narrated.

Mark can see how exhausted Jisoo is. She has lost some weight and looks like she will fall asleep in her chair. "Do you really need to work that hard? H**l, you can start your own practice anytime. You can even rest for a year and you will still be able to afford whatever luxury you are accustomed to."

"Oppa, my familys money is not entirely mine. And i want to have my own money. The reason i didnt tell Jinyoung oppa of my family is because i want him to know that i can stand by myself and not be dependent on anyone."she said looking Mark in the eye.

"You both are cut from the same cloth. Jinyoung is so independent that he works passionately to establish himself. But have you spoken to him?"

"Not yet. I am planning to visit him a week from now. After the board meeting. But please dont tell him. I want to surprise him." Jisoo said smiling.

"I may have to come with you. Im free next week and i want to see how surprise Jinyoung would be." Mark smiled back.