{Chapter 1}

Dodge, swing, walk away. It's all about routine. That's what I'm thinking when I'm beating the shit out of people's faces anyway. That idiot was stupid if he thought he could win against me. street fighting's bad, a dummy could tell me that, but it makes money and releases my anger, and there's a lot of it. I walk over to collect my bet money. "Well, well. You've done it again kid." Benny states. "What? Didn't think I'd make it out alive?" I said in a mocking voice. "Oh, no. I knew you would. Here's your money kid, go buy something useful." He said while handing me the money. "Don't count on it." I said while walking away. He chuckled. Benny is the person people go to to place bets. I've seen him so much that we're 'buddies' now. My knuckles hurt like a bitch. Especially since there were wounds there before tonight. I need to wrap them up, which means going to the store. Ugh. But I want some cigarettes anyway.

Just as I turn the corner. Something rams into me and I stumble back a little. I regain my balance and see that a bike ran into me. A pink bike with flowers to be exact. Who the hell in this area would have a bike like that? I look over and see a girl clutching her knee. She looks like a child. 12 maybe. "You should watch where you're going." I tell her. She jumps and looks up at me. Her features were so soft and her eyes were so bright. Maybe she was like....8? "You're right. I'm sorry." She replied. Her voice was so angelic and she spoke in almost whispers. Just hearing her, I felt bad. I don't even know why. "Um, it's fine." I said. "Are you alright?" "I am just fine, captain. I've fell off board but I'm sure to climb back up!" She said in a determined voice and gave a salute. What is she on about? She tried to get up but went to fall again and I swiftly caught her. Although, for a second I thought I hadn't because she felt like nothing. She looked up at me with those bright eyes. "Erm, maybe not?" She awkwardly chuckled. I was looking at her like she was crazy. "Yeah, I get that look a lot." She said. I laughed. She's....interesting. Trust me, I don't laugh a lot, but for some reason this girl, who's probably 8, just did the near impossible. I put her up straight but held onto her arm just Incase. She wobbled a little, then regained her balance. She was really small. Well that figures because she's just a little kid. I looked her up and down to see if she was hurt badly. She had a small scrape on her knee that didn't look too bad. She was wearing jean shorts with pink hearts on the front and a pink sweater. She was an adorable mess. Her hair flowed all the way down to her waist, but her eyes, that I could only wish to see in the sun, are what mostly drew me in. "Oh, my doodles!" She exclaimed then rushed to her bike and started peddling. "Thank you, kind sir!" She shouted back. I whispered a 'You're welcome' under my breath as I watched her disappear into the dark. So here I am, left on the sidewalk, wondering what that crazy, quote adorable, crazy again girl could've done to her 'doodles'?

As usual, I didn't sleep but there was a different reason why tonight. Can someone tell me why the hell it was that strange girl from the street?

INDIGO pov
How could I forget my snicker doodles? They could be burnt right now! Oh, son of a salamander, I can't believe this. I knew I shouldn't have gone that way, then I wouldn't have wasted time with that strange man. He really was strange; he kept staring at me. Also, really tall, like I was at his waist and I'm 4'11. But he did help me, so for that I'm thankful. I called him fudging captain! Can my brain get anymore jumbled than it already is? Oh, mom and dad are going to be so worried. I started peddling faster. This is enough exercise for a whole month. It's a good thing I'm stocked up on physical activity.

I pulled up to my house and parked my bike in the garage. I walked pst the front door and closed it softly. Yes! I was almost to the stairs when my luck had run out.

"Indigo May, what're you doing home so late?! I told you to be at the store and back in 10 minutes. You've been gone for 25!" My mom used my whole name. Uh-oh. "Erm, there was a long line?" I made up a pretty good excuse if you ask me. "Do not like to me." She said. Guess not. "Do you know how worried we were?" Daddy cut in. "We let you go somewhere by yourself for once and you pull this?" He finished. I could feel tears pricking at my eyes at the feeling of disappointing them. "I-I'm sorry, mom and daddy, there was a long way home a-and I-I wanted to look around so I took it. Then I ended up running into his strange staring man and scraped my knee. I have proof. I-I really do! But he actually ended up helping me, then I remembered my Doodl-oh, OH! MY SNICKER DOODLES!" I ran to the kitchen, opened the oven, and practically threw them out. Phew! They were only slightly burnt. I turned to my parents again. "So, I'm sorry." My dad came and gave me a hug and chuckled. "It's okay princess. Just don't worry us like that again, okay? If you want to look around so bad we'll take you on a drive or something. I don't want you going that way again, understand?" He said. "Yes, daddy." I told him. They told me goodnight and I rushed up to my room. I love that they're always so understanding.

Once I got up to my room, I was greeted with the earthy feel of it. I loved animals and plants. Or anything nature really. It just gave me a sense of familiarity and freshness. Or maybe because the first ever human beans used to wear plants to cover their parts. I don't know.

I went and got ready for bed and then set out my clothes for tomorrow. It was the first day of senior year tomorrow but it would probably be the same as every other year. I would be the weird 'plant girl' that was so different from everybody else. As I drifted off to sleep, another thought floated into my mind, which happens all he time but this one seemed vivid, like the songs from Barney or Caillou. It was about a particularly strange boy I met on the sidewalk.
~~~~~~~~~~
1206 words-
Hello 👋 if you decided to give my book a chance then I love you forever 🥺🥺
I know it's cringe and will probably be that way throughout the whole story......sry🤪