{Chapter 5}

~INDIGO POV~
It was now Friday and I was going to go out with Renna tonight. I was so excited, you don't even understand. This is my first outing with a friend. She had texted me last night asking if I wanted to go out today and of course I said yes. Mom and daddy even agreed as long as my phone stays on the whole time.

I got ready and did my usual morning routine and out my hair into two simple braids on my head. Today was going to be a really good day. But I feel this way about everything, don't I? As my outfit, I put on a gingham black and white dress and my doc martins.

 But I feel this way about everything, don't I? As my outfit, I put on a gingham black and white dress and my doc martins

I ate breakfast and since my mom and dad had already gone into work early today, I hopped on my bike and rode to school. When I got there Renna was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. I ran up to her and tackled her. "Hey Ren! See, that's my new nickname for you!" I told her. "Yes, it's great indie. Are you excited about tonight? I think you'll enjoy it......"She said mischievously. I gave her a weary eye. It's okay I trust her. "I bet I will! What're we doing?" I asked. "It's a surprise." She grinned. "I'll pick you up at 7:00, okay?" She said. I agreed and we went our separate ways. Now I get to see Everett! We talk everyday in first period about everything. What we ate, our hobbies, our favorite color. I like how he is patient with me or how he doesn't get annoyed when I ramble. He's the nicest guy I've ever met besides my dad. He's always making me blush, though, which my dad doesn't do. Well, nobody really. So I think he's my best friend. Besides Renna.

When I got to class I sat in my seat and since it was a little early for class to start I turned to Everett. "Do you wanna play rock, paper, scissors?" I asked him. I always win that game. But when he lifted his head, I immediately dropped my smile and gasped. Cuts and bruises adorned his whole face. His eye was completely purple! A single tear rolled down my cheek. "Hey, hey, what's wrong, blue?" He worriedly asked me as he wipes my stray tear. He's asking me that?! "W-what happened t-to your face?" I asked him. "You're worried about my face?" He asked confused. "Yes! You're al-all bruised." I said struggling. He smiled sincerely at me, which helped a little bit. "I'm fine princess. Don't be worrying about me." He said. "Did you disinfect your cuts?" I asked hopefully. He looked off to the side. I take that as a no. Ugh! I took his hand and stormed out of class. I know I'll miss class but I couldn't help myself. Why am I like this?

~EVERETT POV~
I was currently standing in front of the mirror in the girls bathroom. The fights have gotten harder this week and two huge guys ruined my face back to back. Why was she so worried about me? Nobody ever.....really is. Blue's ran off to somewhere and told me to stay put. She's so remarkably brave, beautiful and every amazing thing you could think of. I often have a hard time concentrating on fights because I'm thinking 'would blue like this?' And I've never done that for anybody.

She walked in hurriedly with a first aid kit in her hand. She came and hopped on the counter in between my legs. "This might hurt..." She told me. I nodded for her to continue. She rubbed alcohol on a cloth and then on my cuts. I watched her intently as she was so focused. I noticed all the little freckles, the little specks of green in her eyes, the little scar just above her top lip. Still, everything seemed perfect to me. This is a dangerous risk I was taking by even talking to her. "There. All bandaged up. Don't go hurting yourself this bad again, okay?" She broke me out of my thoughts. I smiled lightly. "Why do you care?" I asked her. She looked anywhere but my face. "I-I don't know, just don't do it again!" She said as sternly as she could muster. "Okay,okay." I chuckled. Cute.