{Chapter 4}

~INDIGO POV~
The rest of the day was okay. There were no more rude teachers, thank goodness. Also no more Everett. But don't think I wasn't still bummed about detention. Lunch was very entertaining because for the first time I didn't eat alone. Renna was very groovy. She told me that was a cool word so I'm using it. Her favorite color is black, she has a cat named Sherlock, and her middle name is Lily. I made my first friend on my first day so I feel very accomplished with myself. She even gave me her number! But now......time for detention.
~EVERETT POV~
As I was walking out of first period my shoulder rubbed with some jock. I was going to keep walking until He decided to open his mouth, "Watch where you're going, emo!" I slowly turned toward his face. He was really gonna piss me off. "What did you call me?" I slowly asked him. "I called you emo. What're you gonna do about it, huh? Glare me to death?" CRACK. I swiftly punched him in the nose. Then kept sending blows to his stomach. Soon, a teacher came and broke it up. And of course I had the detention after school. Detention's normal anyway.

Throughout the day indigo kept weaving through my mind. She was such a bright ball of happiness and knew how to ease the awkwardness out of anything. I especially loved when I made her blush. I should not be feeling this way. Hell, I should not even be talking to her or thinking of her. People like her do not associate with people like me. And it should stay that way.

As I walked into detention after a very boring day, for me anyways, I spotted a particular tiny blonde. Then I remembered that I had to keep my distance. I can't risk bringing her into my life, so I sat across the room. Five minutes into detention I heard quiet protests as I was resting my head. I ignored it until I realized it was indigo. My head shot over to her and I immediately was livid. The douche of the century, Declan Trinity, was putting his filthy hands on Indie's thigh. The look on her face was enough to have me shooting out of my seat. I grabbed home by the collar and asked, "What the hell do you think you're doing!?" "What do you me-" Punch. Was he really about to play stupid with me right now? I punched him a couple more times until I was half satisfied. "If I ever see your hands on her again, you're gonna regret it." I grabbed indie's hand and dragged her outside of school.

When I turned around to look at her, her eyes were filled with tears. She's probably going to hate me. I was ready for her to be running for the hills, but instead she hugged me. I haven't been shown this kind of affection in a very long time, so I didn't know how to act. In my cluster of thoughts, she grabbed my arms and wrapped them around herself. "Thank you for doing that for me, Everett. Sorry that I'm crying like a little baby, but I don't like violence. I am beyond thankful for you, though." She said. "Anytime, blue." I responded. She looked up at me with those beautiful eyes. "You're kinda like the hulk. Big and strong. And you're always saving me." She giggled out. I almost awed out loud. "Hmm. What would you do without me, blue?" I jokingly said. She started giggling. It was like for the first time in years, I felt something. Something for her. This crazy, adorable, beautiful girl made me feel something. I don't think I'll be staying away soon....