{Chapter 7}

Renna and I had been shuffling through her entire closet for an outfit. It was the same every time. She would tell me to try it on, I would, and then I would say no. All of these clothes were way out of my comfort zone, and it was just too different. I didn't like different.

She huffed in frustration. " Indigo, you have to choose something or we're actually gonna be late. How about a dress? I know you like dresses." She asked.

Well, I did like dresses.

"Okay a dress then, if you can give me something that covers my top part and follows the fingertip rule!" I told her, as firmly as I could anyway.
She looked as if I had challenged her. " Oh that's easy, let me find you a nun's dress!" She said sarcastically. I gave her a serious look.

"Okay, okay! Fine, let me go look in my sister's room." She told me before jogging out the door. I did not know she had a sister. I wish.
She came back in with two dresses.

"So, you have to pick one of these, they're the closest you're gonna get to your "fingertip rule" Okay

"So, you have to pick one of these, they're the closest you're gonna get to your "fingertip rule" Okay." She said. She was scary when she was annoyed.
I immediately loved the first one because of the  blush pink and the floral pattern. You could even tie it into bows on the shoulders! I picked that one up and went into her closet to change.

When I came out she looked like a proud mother, with her hands clasped together and everything. I giggled a little.

"There we go! Now get into those wedges and we are off. Unless you want some makeup-"

"NOPE! I'm good, let's go." I cut her off and slipped into some nude wedges. I was like 5'2 in these. I was loving them.

Renna looked stunning. Like a biker or something really cool like that.

 Like a biker or something really cool like that

I was excited now. My first party with my best friend. This year was looking up so far. I wondered if Everett might be there, too. I really hope so. Would he even talk to me? I don't know much about his friends but they wouldn't want to see someone like him with plant girl.

I wanted to cry at the realization of this.

"Earth to Indigo, we're here." Oh my gosh, I had been out of it this whole ride. That boy!

The house was huge. Big windows, a double door, and people spread out all over the large lawn. Everything was just... large. Anxiety: rising each step I take towards the door.

We got inside and now I could really feel the music. Outside it was loud, but now it was vibrating through my body and my head. People were rushing by and bumping into me.

When and why did I agree to this?

I started to feel hot and I was terrified. So many people. I think, maybe, Ren went off to grab a drink or did she say play a game-

Somebody pulled me out of the crowd by my hand. I frantically whipped my head towards the person.

It was Everett.

I took a deep breath when I saw his face. Something familiar. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. Then wrapped his arms around me. I knew hugging wasn't normal for him. But he didn't push away. He squeezed me tighter.
"Are you okay, Blue?" He asked softly as he was stroking my hair. We were in the very corner of the room.

I nodded, backed away and wiped my face.
"Yep! Sorry, I'm such a baby, I don't even know why I'm crying there's just so many people and I didn't mean to bother you with-"

He silenced me with a hand over my mouth, then moved his thumb to wipe my tears.

"No no no. You're fine, Blue. You're overwhelmed and that's okay. Just take a deep breath. Are you here with anyone?" He started fidgeting with his index ring.

"Um yeah, I'm here with my best friend Renna. OH, did I tell you about her? She's crazy but she is so much fun and she made me come here. But I don't regret it because you're here and you totally saved me back there! She went off to do something like get a drink or play a game, I don't really know but now you're here and I'm not alone so... yeah." I let out a nervous laugh. I had said too much I just know it.
He gave me the widest grin. " I think it's amazing that you have a friend, Blue. So you're just Soooo happy I'm here, huh? Huh?" He was teasing me and bumped my shoulder with his.

I could feel the hot and prickly feeling coming to my cheeks. I had said that like 3 times hadn't I?
"Hey!" I defended. He chuckled, much to my liking. He was so cute.

Um what? Huh? Wait-

"Do you want to go outside? There's less people and it's much quieter. Only if you want to." He fidgeted again.
I smiled a very big smile.
I grabbed his hand and rushed out the back door that I had spotted.
Running in these wedges is not as hard as I expected.