{Chapter 15}

"We're going somewhere, but I can't tell you where." Renna said through the phone.

It was Saturday night and Renna wanted me to come with her to some mysterious place. AT NIGHT!

"No way, you have to tell me where." I responded. Plus, my parents wouldn't let me go if they didn't know the place. Everything about her plan wasn't rational.

"Come on, Indigo. Madden slipped on something he said, and I wanna check it out. If I tell you, you won't come. Please." She begged, and I wondered if anywhere Madden said to go could be good. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go...

"Fine! What do I tell my mom and dad?" I ask. This was horrible of me, I never lied to them.
I picked at a nearby plant, accidentally pulling a leaf off out of nervousness.

"Walmart, I guess." She hung up.

Walmart? At 8:00? They would never believe that, but it was worth a shot.

They actually believed me, and I darted our as soon as Renna's car pulled up in front of my house. The sooner I left, the less questions my parents could think of.

What am I doing?!

"I don't like surprises. Or maybe just not from you." I said once I got in the car, remembering the last time she took me somewhere.

She sighs, "This'll be...fun. I just want to check it out, I'm curious." She shrugged.

It was never good when Renna was curious. There were so many places she could take us... and I don't think it was going to be anything like Walmart. Walmart sounded kind of nice now.

"I went on a date with Everett." I said, seeing that it calmed my nerves when I talked about him. I tried to recall every single detail about that day.

"Oh...yay. Where?" She gave a pained smile, to which I smacked her arm, lightly.

"A field. It was by a river with the clearest water, and then we had a picnic. Everett is the best cook." I nodded, looking off so I could picture it, and therefore describe it in the best way possible.

"I kissed that girl from the party." She shrugged, like it was no big deal!

"No way! When? How?" I asked the slur of questions.

Though she tried to hide it, it was obvious she was embarrassed. She wiggles in her seat more than usual, and if it was light outside, I'm sure I would be able to see the pinkish tint on her cheeks.

"She was talking about some rocks she had found, somewhere she went with her family. She was looking right in my eyes and... I just kissed her. I don't know! Why are you asking me this?" She sat straighter in the seat.

I smiled slyly. I can't believe she did that already, I've never even kissed anybody!

"Have you kissed Everett?" She asked flatly.

I widened my eyes. Was it getting hot in here?

"He's my best friend, Renna. It's not-"

"Do not lie to me. He looks at you like you're the entire fucking universe." She says. Does he? 

"But I could never kiss him, he's probably kissed so many girls. It would be embarrassing for me." I huffed.