1.

サスケ

He had done it.

He had achieved his goal.

Uchiha Sasuke had successfully killed Uchiha Itachi.

Although, the truth hurt. He had killed his own brother; an innocent man.

And the Konohagakure scum were going to pay. By doing so, he needed to prepare. Sasuke and his team needed a place to stay for the night.

His team, Team Taka contained the following rogue ninja, Houzuki Suigetsu, Uzumaki Karin, and Kigasei Juugo. The four were currently in a forest known for it's abandoned cottages. Wearing their black and red Akatsuki cloaks, they were off to capture the Hachibi by sunrise. They went from branch to branch, going deeper into the forest.

The red haired girl with glasses, Karin, declared, "There may not be enough homes around here, so I volunteer to share with Sasuke." She said this in a serious tone, though she couldn't hide the blush forming on her cheeks.

Typical. A horny fangirl.

"If that were to happen, you would share a room with Suigetsu." Sasuke stated emotionlessly.

Both the shark like man, Suigetsu, and Karin blushed furiously. It was clear that, Suigetsu had a crush on Karin. And that was why the now last Uchiha bothered to say that. Hopefully this situation could get the girl to stop clinging to him.

Karin screeched, "There is NO way I'd share a room... w-w-with him! S-Suigetsu is the baka of the century!" she stuttered angrily. Her face as red as her hair. Though, it was short lived when suddenly her expression morfed into that of a shocked one and she gasped.

"What is it, Karin?' Jugo asked, turning his head to see she has stopped.

"I sense multiple unfamiliar chakras. Four to be exact. They are most likely enemy ninja up ahead." the redhead informed them.

Suigetsu and Sasuke stopped as well.

"It's nothing to worry about. If they cause us any trouble, I can take care of things." Sasuke replied.

"Sasuke is so cool..." she gushed with a murmur, lifting her closed hand to her face in admiration.

Suigetsu rolled his violet orbs with jealousy, and jumped a few brunches ahead of them. The rest of Team Taka followed, preceding to travel through the forest. And by doing so, ignoring the presence nearby.

•••

ナルト

"Are you sure about this, Kakashi-sensei?"

"Yes. I'm sure he'll be fine, Sakura."

"B-but what if he's forgotten all his training and how to be a ninja?"

"That's why we're doing a D-Ranked mission today."

Sakura sighed, "Right."

Four Konoha ninja from Team Kakashi stepped out of the village gates, wearing beige travelling cloaks.

A sunshine blonde boy wearing an orange and black jumpsuit underneath his cloak asked, "So what is the mission again?" A long black ninja headband was tied around his forehead, and he had three whiskered marked on each of his tan cheeks - almost like a birthmark.

"We are to travel to Lady Fusako's cottage to deliver a scroll to her." An extremely pale boy with coal black hair answered. He wore a black and grey cropped shirt. One sleeve short, one sleeve long - proving what a strange person he was.

"I see." The boy replied. His messy blonde hair blowing from the breeze.

Naruto's never been this quiet before... The pink haired girl, Sakura, thought, worried.

The team travelled through the forest, jumping on tree branches. Until, they saw a group coming their way.

The older grey haired man named Kakashi furrowed his eyebrows, "Who are they?"

"Enemies?" Sai questioned clutching the scroll in his hand. He didn't like this one bit.

"Stop." Kakashi ordered his teammates holding his arm out. They were now less than a meter away from the group of ninja before them. The others did as they were told and so did the people in front of them.

A man with neck length snow white hair gave a shark toothed grin. "Konoha nin, huh? You know 'em, Sasuke?"

Both Sakura and Kakashi's eyes widened from seeing a certain someone they hadn't seen in such a long time. Meanwhile, Naruto lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

"As a matter of fact I do, Suigetsu." A figure with raven black hair told him. He wasn't necessarily eager to see these faces, and it wasn't a surprise to see them. After all, Konoha had become obsessed with him. But... was it strange that a part of him felt relieved to see these faces?

Taka's reactions to the situation were quite reasonable, apart from Karin's. Her ruby eyes widened like saucepans. "Nani? You do?! What is your relationship with that pink haired girl, Sasuke?!!" She demanded whilst pointing accusingly at Sakura.

Juugo simply observed the four Konoha ninja. Especially the blonde one with whisker marks on his cheeks. He indeed looked very confused.

"S-S-Sasuke... kun." Sakura stuttered in astonishment. Her feminine frame was covered with her cloak, but you could see her gloved hands clasped together desperately. Her now even spikier neck length hair, held in place with the red ninja headband on her head, standing on end.

Sasuke ignored both females and grunted. His dark, mysterious eyes placed themselves on an unusually quiet Naruto.

"Hn. I'm surprised you're not happy to see me, Naruto," the blonde shivered at the way the man said his name. "After all, usually you'd beg me to return home." the raven smirked.

Naruto appeared puzzled at his words. "How do I put this..." his voice trailed off to think of the right words to say, "I'm sorry but... I'm afraid I have no idea who you are."

"Eh?"

Sasuke couldn't believe what he was hearing.