9.

~かかし~

He had almost been caught. Kakashi let out a sigh of relief as he wiped his brow. Unfortunately, he had lost his mask in the process of escaping, meaning that Sasuke knows Konoha is onto him.

He rushed back to the village, in hopes to get to the Hokage on time. He didn't care if he was seen unmasked in an Anbu outfit. The Hachibi (and potentially his student) was in danger. He ran up the stairs in the Hokage building and arrived at the office in the speed of light. A previously comfortable Tsunade petting TonTon the pig, was now alarmed by the slammed open door and a panting Kakashi.

"What's going on?" She knew this must be serious.

"Unfortunately Sasuke has different motives for staying in the village. He was contacted by the Akatsuki through his Mangekyou to capture Hachibi and was advised to get Naruto when he had the chance as well." Kakashi managed to huff out.

"How-"

"I don't know. But the member that contacted him can't be Uchiha."

"Another sharingan user...?" Tsunade's chocolate brown orbs widened.

"Has to be. And just to let you know, Sasuke and his team are heading toward Kumogakure, now!"

The ash blonde placed TonTon on the ground and abruptly stood from her desk. "SHIZUNE, GATHER A TEAM OF ANBU TO TRACK DOWN THAT BRAT, THIS INSTANT!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Shizune replied, running out of the room.

"Kakashi, I want you to go with them!" Tsunade ordered.

"Hai." He replied.

The clutter of Anbu members were in one spot in front of the Hokage building. Once Tsunade told them to scatter, they fled to the forest. Kakashi instructing Taka's exact location.

When they got there, however, nobody was to be found.

"They- They're gone..." Kakashi whispered in disbelief. "They already left."

•••

~さすけ~

Here Team Taka was, in the village of Kumogakure. The trip there was nerve-racking to say the least. Suigetsu was still being immature, Karin upset with him, and Sasuke stressed by the fact that a Konoha Anbu had tracked him down and most likely heard everything they said. How the hell would he be able to get the Kyuubi off Naruto now? The village security would surely tighten when this Anbu alerted the Hokage.

They landed on dry solid dirt. Around them were millions of rocky mountains and still ocean water. Large clouds scattered across the blues skies of Kumo.

Before them was a barb wire fence, and a Kumo ninja, acting as a guard. Suigetsu had been rather aggressive. He had always been aggressive, but more so lately than ever. Obviously, he was a murderer and took pleasure in causing bloodshed. Even more so when he was in a bad mood, taking his emotions out on innocent people and making them suffer. He grabbed the Kumo ninja roughly from behind with a half liquified hand. "So where's the Hachibi, eh?" He asked in his usually smug tone of voice.

"Don't you underestimate our clan..." the man gasped for air and groans, "we're not going to tell the likes of you... anything...!" The grip around his neck only tightened. "We of the Yotsuki clan... will never betray one of our own! That's..."

"A fearful heart is more likely to crack." The crunching of Sasuke's sandals stepping on the dirt was growing louder and louder. Opening his right eye, the mangekyou appeared, and with one glimpse... the Kumo ninja had been placed under Sasuke's genjutsu.

Suigetsu yet again became annoyed. His fun was ruined before the best part, all because Sasuke got in the way. He would complain, but didn't feel like speaking.

"Give us Hachibi's location." Sasuke ordered the now hypnotised man.

"He's training... in Storm Cloud... Ravine." Those were the words that the Kumo ninja managed to let out. His face dull and mouth wide about as if he'd been stabbed and dying.

"Any distinguishing features?"

The ninja's body was slowly wobbling, becoming less steady by the second. "... he wields... eight blades... has the character for 'steel' tattooed on his right shoulder... and bull horns tattooed... on his left cheek..." and with that, he collapsed hard onto the dirt ground.

The raven deactivated his sharingan and turned to face his team. "Let's go."

•••

~なると~

The beautiful lighting shone on the greenery that was fresh with due. The cloudy skies were turning greyer, as light rain pattered on the leaves. Naruto was on another mission with Sakura, Sai and this time Yamato. They had gone on another D-rank thanks to him, and he and Sakura were still quite mad at Sai. Naruto had relearned that Sai was quite the weirdo. He stood outside of the place they were staying at for their mission, the cool breeze somewhat calming him. He knew he must of thought the same when he had his memories. That the wind was comforting him, saying that it was going to be alright, or that he could do it. It made sense since he had been told his chakra nature was wind type.

He clutched onto his fluttering cloak, deep in thought. He had this strange feeling... he felt uneasy. Like the fragment of his lost memories were calling out to him. Something bad was happening, or was going to happen. He could feel it. And somehow he was worried about Sasuke. He wasn't sure why, but he felt strangely connected to him. More so than others that he apparently knew before his memories were wiped. He didn't understand it. He didn't understand it at all.

"Naruto? Are you alright?"

Naruto jumped when he didn't realise that Sakura had come to check up on him.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah. I'm fine..."

Sakura quirked an eyebrow, deeply unconvinced. "You sure?"

"Yeah, uh... I've just had this strange feeling is all."

"Why?"

"I... don't know. I'm just confused and want my memories back." He sighed.

"Oh... okay." Concern written all over the girl's face.

____________________________________________

Haha... it's been another month since I updated...

I swear 2020 is the year of pretty much 0% inspiration for me. I never do... anything?

Well, I guess it's because I have a lot of things going on with my life, causing me to never want to do anything because I feel sorry for myself :))

May the new chapter be released much sooner! (Maybe, just maybe)