8.

〜かりん〜

The previous afternoon, Team Taka continued to travel through the forest and finally found a place to stay after Sasuke left.

After an awkward night together, it became morning and now the three were standing in silence on the old traditional styled deck. The reason why it was so awkward and silent was because something had happened between Suigetsu and Karin. Suigetsu was acting incredibly strange and moody after Sasuke left with the Konoha nin, and Karin had gone to find him. After that however, Karin returned alone and was acting just as strange. She wasn't talkative nor violent. She and Suigetsu were completely ignoring each other, and Jugo was in the middle of it.

And Karin thought that this was the way it should be. Suigetsu had kissed her! She had expected herself to feel disgusted and immediately try to wash the fish taste out of her mouth, however; she didn't feel disgusted. She felt shocked, angry, confused. And Suigetsu didn't taste like fish. It was... kind of nice...?

No! The redhead huffed and adjusted her glasses in an irritated manner. Suigetsu wasn't looking her way but Jugo saw this and was a bit weirded out. She tugged the oversized lavender top she wore. The upside-down 'V' shape of the shirt revealing her belly button stretched as she bit her glossed lips nervously.

The stiff atmosphere soon turned into that of a pleasant one. Well, to Karin anyway. She sniffed the air. Something smelt good. She felt warm inside. The girl sensed something powerful and attractive. She immediately recognised this as Sasuke's chakra.

"Sasuke." She stated. Jugo turned to her and nodded.

The said raven soon appeared when he slipped out of some bushes. He slowly reached for his hood to reveal a face without a disguise.

"So you managed to find us." Jugo said.

Sasuke nodded. "Madara contacted me. He said that while I stay in the village it would be wise to attain the Kyuubi as well."

This made Taka quite confused and got their full attention.

"The Kyuubi, huh?" Suigetsu murmured. He was still seated, gloomy as ever, not even facing his team.

"Wait, how did he contact you? You're not even in the Akatsuki!" Karin demanded, extremely confused.

Sasuke was beginning to get a headache from conversing with these people. "Mangekyou sharingan." He stated in an emotionless tone.

"Wow. The Uchiha Clan's sharingan just seems to keep getting cooler and cooler!" The redhead Uzumaki gushed all while confidently placing her hands on her hips.

Yes, interacting with these people was giving Sasuke a pounding headache.

"So are we still going to capture the Hachibi today?" Jugo asked curiously.

"That's right. In fact, let's travel to Kumogakure now."

"And the Kyuubi?"

"We'll deal with that later. For now, let's just go."

The others nodded in return and began gathering their weapons and putting on their cloaks. As Karin began zipping up her cloak, she sensed something. "Wait!" The redhead suddenly said. She furrowed her brow and continued. "There's someone watching us."