Chapter Fifty-Nine

Chapter Fifty-Nine:

"Are you going to explain to me what the hell happened between you and Bradshaw on Friday night? He's been avoiding all my questions, but he's a dick anyway. Be a good friend and tell me," Jordan pouts.

He's leaning against Bryce's locker in front of me, trying to pry information out of me that I'm not ready to give up.

"What happened on Friday night? Am I forgetting something? I honestly have no clue what you're taking about," I lie, and it annoys Jordan like mad as he leans his back against the locker, slumping down to the floor with a loud groan.

"This isn't fair. I've been one of the original supporters of your relationship, and now you won't even give me an update?" Jordan whines, and I chuckle, kneeling down beside him on the ground.

"You really need a girlfriend. You need to focus on your own love life," I advise him, and he slaps me in the arm.

I stand up off the floor, going to open my locker and grab my things. I tuck everything into my backpack, and when I'm finished, Jordan is still moping on the floor. He's resting his chin on his knees, curled up in a ball, and I tap him on the shoulder a couple of times to suggest that he should stand up.

"Get off the floor, loser," Bryce suddenly says from behind me, and I automatically feel a hundred times happier.

I'm just about to spin around to greet him when he stops me by pressing his chest right up against my back. He wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tight, and I giggle as he presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"How's my girl?" he asks me, and I tilt my head all the way back to look up at him.

He's grinning at me, and I free myself from his grip to spin around so that I'm facing him. He reaches up to hold my face, and we end up smiling at each other all the way until Jordan clears his throat, standing up from the floor.

He crosses his arms as he approaches, planting himself right in front of us and cocking his head to the side.

"'My girl'? Isn't that a little possessive?" Jordan questions, and Bryce's eyes go narrow at him.

His head snaps around to glare, but Jordan continues standing there with a goofy look on his face.

Bryce looks back down to me, some of the tension easing from his face.

"Do you think that it's too possessive, Blossom?" he asks me, to which I shake my head rapidly.

I absolutely adore these terms of endearment that Bryce keeps using, truth be told, as they make me feel so incredibly cared for.

"See? There's no problem," Bryce says, now speaking to Jordan, who just scoffs.

"So are you guys together or not?" Jordan asks, clearly growing more and more annoyed.

Bryce and I look back at each other, and he raises an eyebrow at me. I know what the question he's trying to communicate is, and so I give him a small smile.

"I don't know, are we?" Bryce responds, and I burst out laughing, letting my head drop backwards onto his chest.

He glides his fingers through my hair, and I let myself forget about all of reality for a second.

"I'm a pathetic third wheel," Jordan complains, and Bryce and I finally step
apart from one another.

Jordan grabs me by the shoulder, basically holding me in place. He looks down at me with a scowl, and all I do is give him an innocent smile.

"Are you, or are you not, in a relationship with that jackass?" Jordan asks me, using his thumb to point to Bryce.

"No. She's not. We really hate each other, if you haven't noticed," Bryce drawls sarcastically, but with a deadpanned expression on his face. "Now get your hands off of her, please."