Chapter 11

A/N - We're almost to the Battle of Sokovia!

In order to get back to New York, they had to hijack a plane from a military base with the help of Rhodey's contacts.

They arrived back at Avengers Tower as they heard Banner say, "You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes".

"I'm gonna say this once", Steve said.

"How about "none-ce"?" Stark quipped.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen".

"You don't know what you're doing".

"And you do?" Banner asked. He gestured to Wanda. "She's not in your head?"

"I know you're angry", Wanda said.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade".

A ball of green fire formed in Madison's hand. "You'd never get the chance".

"What? You're on their side now?" Stark asked, "After everything they've done?"

"Who's the person who used to make weapons of war? People can change, Tony".

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve said.

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Stark argued.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda told them.

"This isn't a game!" Steve added.

Pietro rolled his eyes and sped around the room pulling all of the cords out of the Cradle. "No, no. Go on", he said as the systems started powering down, "You were saying?"

A gunshot was heard and the glass Pietro was standing on shattered, sending him falling.

"Pietro!" Wanda and Madison yelled.

Clint pinned Pietro down and said, "What? You didn't see that coming?" An arrow was aimed at Clint faster than he could blink.

"Let him go. Now", Madison told him.

"You'd betray your own family?"

"I'm not the person who had a secret family".

"No, but you had a secret love. Come on, Madison. This guy?" Clint asked, pointing to Pietro.

Madison lowered her bow when Thor came crashing into the lab.

He slammed his hammer down onto the Cradle and whatever was in the Cradle came flying out.

It went towards Thor, who threw it through a window. It stopped itself before it could fly out of the tower. It hovered in front of the window for a minute or so. It's body turned gray, almost like it was putting clothes on. It floated towards them as Pietro rejoined Wanda and Madison.

"I am sorry. That was...odd", it said. It turned to Thor. "Thank you". It added a cape to itself after seeing Thor's.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asked him.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that", Thor said, pointing at the gem in its head.

"What? The gem?" Banner asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities", Thor explained.

"Then why would you bring..."

Thor cut Steve off. "Because Stark is right".

"Oh, it's definitely the end times", Banner said, causing Madison to smile.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron", Thor told them.

"Not alone", the Vision said.

"Why does your Vision sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked.

"We reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new", Stark explained.

"I think I've had my fill of new", Steve told him.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron", Vision said.

"You're not?" Steve asked.

Vision shook his head. "I'm not Ultron. I am not JARVIS. I am...I am".

"I looked in your head and I saw annihilation", Wanda said, walking up to him.

Pietro carefully watched his twin sister, while Madison held him back.

"Look again", Vision told her.

Clint scoffed. "Her seal of approval means jack to me".

"Well I trust you", Madison told Wanda.

"Yeah, you would", Clint muttered.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone", Thor told them, "And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..."

"Is it?" Steve asked, "Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple", Vision told them.

"Well it better get real simple real soon", Clint said.

Madison glared at her father. He was really starting to piss her off.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all", Vision told them.

"What's he waiting for?" Stark asked.

"You".

"Where?" Banner asked.

"Sokovia", Clint said.

The twins looked uncomfortable at the thought of returning to their home country.

"He's got Nat there, too", he said.

"You lost Natasha?" Madison asked.

Clint rolled his eyes. She had just now realized that her mother was missing.

"Ultron got her when I was trying to get the Cradle", Clint told her.

Madison opened her mouth to say something when she heard Pietro's voice in her head.

Not now Kolibri, he told her.

Banner approached Vision. "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?"

Banner let the threat hang in the air.

"I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go", Vision said, handing Thor his hammer.

Everyone's mouths were open in shock.

Thor took his hammer as Vision walked off. "Right", Thor said. As he walked past Stark, he patted him on the shoulder. "Well done".

"Three minutes. Get what you need", Steve told them.

One Second and a Million Milesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें