Chapter 14

Need help near the marketplace, Madison heard Pietro in her head. She vanished and reappeared at Wanda's side, throwing green energy balls at the bots. Madison had already run out of arrows and bullets, so the only thing left was her powers.

Eventually, all the bots were gone.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute", Steve said as they helped civilians off the streets.

Pietro took Madison's hand and led her away from the group.

"Pietro, what's wrong?" she asked him.

"Nothing. Madison...I..."

Madison's hand covered his mouth. "Don't".

"Why not?"

"Because the moment you say it, something is going to happen to you".

"Madison..."

"Just please...don't. I've seen too many movies where the guys tells the girl he loves her, only to die in the end".

Tears were filling her eyes. Did she love Pietro? Yes. More than anything else in the world. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't make them come out of her mouth.

"Madison listen to me", he told her, taking her face in his hands, "Nothing is going to happen to me. We're going to be together forever, okay?"

"But how can you know that?"

Pietro wiped her tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "Because something brought us together for a reason. Call it fate or God or whatever, but we were meant to be together. You're my other half and I love you".

All the breath in Madison's body left and her heart started thumping loudly.

"I love you", Pietro told her again.

"I love you", Madison echoed. She grabbed Pietro's face and pulled it towards hers, slamming her lips on his. She'd been dreaming about this moment. "I love you. I love you. God, I love you", Madison told him, between kisses.

One of Pietro's hands slid into Madison's hair, while the other gripped her hip.

The two pulled away from each other breathless.

Suddenly, Fury's voice came over the comms. "Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better".

A helicarrier appeared and parked itself right next to the floating city.

"Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do", he said.

"Fury, you son of a bitch", Steve said.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth? I thought it was Madison's job to be a potty mouth".

"Ha-ha Fury", Madison deadpanned.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asked as lifeboats started to fly over to the city.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be", Madison told him.

Pietro looked at her and kissed her forehead. "This is not so bad".

"Let's load them up", Steve said as the lifeboats landed.

They rushed the people onto the lifeboats. After loading most of the people up, they headed for the church where the Core was.

Thor, Vision, and Stark were already taking on the Ultron copies.

Pietro set Madison down and her hands turned green as she started ripping the bots apart like Wanda.

Wanda and Clint arrived at the church and Pietro sped over to his sister.

"You good?" he asked her.

"Yeah".

Clint threw his arms around his daughter. "When we get out of this, you and I are gonna have a nice long talk".

"I'll hold you to that", Madison said.

Finally, Natasha and Banner showed up.

"What's the drill?" Natasha asked.

"This is the drill", Stark said, pointing to the core, "If Ultron gets hand on the core, we lose".

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor taunted Ultron.

Ultron bots came running towards them.

"You had to ask", Steve told him.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?" Ultron asked.

"Well, like the old man said...Together", Stark said and the battle started.

The bots were destroyed left and right with everyone using their skills to stop them. Pretty soon, most of the bots were destroyed with the others taking to the skies.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you", Steve said.

"What about the Core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it", Wanda said, "It's my job".

"I'll stay with you", Madison told her.

"No. Wanda can handle it, I want you to get on a boat", Steve said.

"But..."

"Please, for once. Don't argue".

"Fine". Madison looked at Wanda who nodded.

"Nat, Madison, this way", Clint said.

Madison followed her father and Natasha to the lifeboats.

Natasha went to go get Banner, while Clint and Madison got on the boat.

There was a young woman screaming for a boy named Costel.

Clint spotted the boy across from them. "Stay on the boat", Clint told her. He ran towards the little boy and scooped him up in his arms.

An aircraft came flying towards them, firing bullets.

Madison could hear the ping of Pietro's mind getting closer. "No!" She threw her hands up and created a shield around Pietro and her father at the last second.

Banner jumped and went after the Quinjet.

Madison released the shield and ran over to Pietro.

"Madison", he gasped.

"No, no, no", she breathed seeing the wounds in his chest. She hadn't been able to stop all the bullets, but maybe she could heal him. Madison placed her hands on his chest and willed his body to heal.

"Madison, stop!" Clint said.

She had blood dripping from her nose.

He pulled Madison's hands off of Pietro and she collapsed right next to him. Clint ran over to the lifeboat and set the little boy down, before running over to his daughter and Pietro.

"I need assistance", Clint said over the comm, "Both Maximoff and Madison are down".

Steve ran over to them and picked up Madison, while Clint picked up Pietro. "Is he dead?" Steve asked.

"I...I don't know", Clint told him, "He was hit and Madison healed him. I think".

"We need to get off this rock", he told Clint and the two of them carried Madison and Pietro to a lifeboat.