Alternate Chapter 14

A/N - This is an alternate ending to chapter 14.

Need help near the marketplace, Madison heard Pietro in her head. She vanished and reappeared at Wanda's side, throwing green energy balls at the bots. She had already run out of arrows and bullets, so the only thing left was her powers.

Eventually, all the bots were gone.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute", Steve said as they helped civilians off the streets.

Pietro took Madison's hand and led her away from the group.

"Pietro, what's wrong?" she asked him.

"Nothing. Madison...I..."

Madison's hand covered his mouth. "Don't".

"Why not?"

"Because the moment you say it, something is going to happen to you".

"Madison..."

"Just please...don't. I've seen too many movies where the guys tells the girl he loves her, only to die in the end".

Tears were filling her eyes. Did she love him? Yes. More than anything else in the world. The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't make them come out of her mouth.

"Madison listen to me", he told her, taking her face in his hands, "Nothing is going to happen to me. We're going to be together forever, okay?"

"But how can you know that?"

Pietro wiped her tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "Because something brought us together for a reason. Call it fate or God or whatever, but we were meant to be together. You're my other half and I love you".

All the breath in Madison's body left and her heart started thumping loudly.

"I love you", Pietro told her again.

"I love you", Madison echoed. She grabbed Pietro's face and pulled it towards hers, slamming her lips on his. She'd been dreaming about this moment. "I love you. I love you. God, I love you", Madison told him, between kisses.

One of Pietro's hands slid into Madison's hair, while the other gripped her hip.

The two pulled away from each other breathless.

Suddenly, Fury's voice came over the comms. "Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better".

A helicarrier appeared and parked itself right next to the floating city.

"Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do", Fury said.

"Fury, you son of a bitch", Steve said.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth? I thought it was Madison's job to be a potty mouth".

"Ha-ha Fury", Madison deadpanned.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asked as lifeboats started to fly over to the city.

"This is what SHIELD is supposed to be", Madison told him.

Pietro looked at her and kissed her forehead. "This is not so bad".

"Let's load them up", Steve said as the lifeboats landed.

They rushed the people onto the lifeboats. After loading most of the people up, they headed for the church where the Core was.

Thor, Vision, and Stark were already taking on the Ultron copies.