Chapter 24

A/N: A HUGE thank you to everyone who left such wonderful reviews on the last chapter.

This chapter is a short one, but it was the hardest chapter I have ever written. I knew I wanted their scene to be tasteful and I did not want it to veer into the realms of smuttiness, so I hope I succeeded on that front. I'm as nervous as a sinner in church posting this chapter, as sex scene are not easy for me to write. So please do be gentle with critique :)

So, without further ado, here is the next chapter - I hope you enjoy it :)

His fingertips trailed down her back, his touch blazing a heated trail through the thin material of her dress

His fingertips trailed down her back, his touch blazing a heated trail through the thin material of her dress. A fine tremble coursed through Charlotte's body under his featherlight strokes as Thranduil deepened the kiss, the intensity of the moment causing their eyes to flutter closed as they surrendered themselves.

In the background the flames from the fire flared, competing with the ignited passion that was quickly kindling between them as tonight marked the moment of them coming together as one. Tonight, there would be no turning back. There had been no turning back since he had first laid eyes on her, a thought whispered like a lover's caress in the back of his mind.

His hand splayed against the small of her back, drawing her flush against his body as his other hand entangled in her hair, his kisses becoming more demanding as though he sought to devour her. The inferno building up between them was almost too much to bear and yet it was not enough. It never seemed to be enough.

Charlotte rose on her toes, snaking her arms around his neck as though she were the flower seeking the warm rays of his light. Their tongues danced sensually against each other; her body pressed against his with what could almost be described as restrained anticipation. She wove her fingers into the silky strands of his hair, scraping her nails against his scalp as the urgency became palpably unbearable.

Thranduil groaned in pleasure and pulled back to gaze down at her, the flames from the fire reflecting in the cool blue surface of those electrifying eyes. In the gloom his sharp gaze could make out the pink flushing her cheeks, her swollen lips slightly parted as she gasped for air. She truly was a sight to behold in this raw moment of unadulterated fervor, and he couldn't help but be enchanted by the woman who held his heart captive.

He trailed his thumb tenderly over her bottom lip, captivated. No matter how many times he kissed her, he always yearned to taste more of her. He dragged his gaze up to Charlotte's eyes, noting they were now darkened with desire - a desire he was certain was reflected in his own. He lowered his head and captured her lips in a slow, heated kiss, pouring his love into this moment. He was almost floored by the intensity of love he felt being echoed right back from Charlotte.

He slowly trailed his hand up her back, eliciting a shiver of anticipation from Charlotte. His fingers found the zip, and with aching unhurriedness, Thranduil pulled it down little by little, his fingertips skimming over her silken skin and causing goosebumps in his wake.