Chapter 32

"Thranduil, stop!" Charlotte laughed; her protest half-hearted as she dangled over his shoulder.

"Most certainly not!" came his indignant, yet playful, response.

"No, you don't understand. Carl has cameras set up all over the place. Even the bedrooms."

Thranduil halted in his tracks, his hand resting in the doorknob.

"Does he now?" he growled, his mood subtly transitioning to that of vexation.

Just then the phone rang, the shrill sound cutting through the air.

"It could be important..." Charlotte remarked.

Thranduil let out a long-drawn exhale; a sigh that only a being of seven thousand years of age could master and use to convey his exasperation. He turned swiftly on his heel and marched over to the sofa where the phone was currently nestled on the armrest. He plucked it up and passed it behind his back to Charlotte.

"Hello?" she answered awkwardly in her upside-down state.

"Out of curiosity, Charlotte dear," Carl drawled in his southern accent, "would you like for me to switch off the camera in the bedroom?"

"Yes!"

Thranduil reached behind him, his pianist fingers wiggling impatiently for Charlotte to pass him back the phone. She frowned but complied.

Thranduil put the phone to his ear. "If you do not comply with our wishes for privacy, Carl, then you may find that you will be viewing more of me than you wish to."

Charlotte suppressed a giggle as an image of Thranduil doing a seductive striptease in front of the camera sprang to mind. Carl would, indeed, see much more of the Elvenking than he had anticipated. And if her guess was correct, Carl did not swing that way.

Thranduil ended the call, satisfied that his threat had been passed on and received, and tossed the phone back on the sofa.

Sensing her mirth at the situation, Thranduil swatted her on the bottom, which elicited a yelp of surprise from her.

"Now...where were we?" he intoned, his voice dropping an octave and going slightly husky at the promise of what was to come.

"I think you were planning on revealing just how kinky you elves really are."

"What you call 'kinky', I call a mere act of foreplay," he countered.

Charlotte gulped. He was teasing...right? Thranduil's version of foreplay was quite extensive and...passionate. If what he had been doing with her before was considered mild, then she didn't know if she was going to survive the night...

Thranduil chuckled darkly at the way she tensed up. "Do I have you worried?"

"Yes!" she squeaked. Images of paddles, whips and other tools of torture suddenly flooded her brain. She was most definitely not into hardcore stuff like that!

"Good!" he growled, and this time there were no interruptions as he marched through the bedroom door, making sure to slam it shut in his wake.

Thranduil flung her onto the bed and before she could brace herself, the Elvenking was instantly upon her, his mouth hungrily devouring hers as he pressed her down onto the mattress.

Charlotte melted into the kiss, her apprehension fleeing in the wake of heated desire. She wrapped her legs around his waist and entangled her hands in his hair, effectively pulling him flush against her, which earned a growl of appreciation from him.

Her flesh heated to scorching levels as Thranduil kissed and nipped along her jawline, working his way with agonizing slowness down her neck. His hands curled around her wrists while he bit softly on the sensitive spot on her neck, using this distraction to pin her hands above her head.