Chapter 14

"I'll show you my, my true colors. No, no, no, no, I won't apologize for the fire in my eyes,"

 No, no, no, no, I won't apologize for the fire in my eyes,"

I couldn't believe I was hearing his voice again. I felt like I was hallucinating. This couldn't be real, Anthony killed him.

Yet, he never showed me Steve's body. I shouldn't have been so naive to automatically think that. I pounded my tied hands against the door, hoping to get his attention again.

"Holy shit Steve! You're alive!" I let out a breath in relief. I heard muffled moving against the door. I heard a closer thud, I assumed he was by the side of the door. "We need to get back to the others."

Steve let out breathless pants. He let out a strangled groan, causing me to pause. He was hurt. I remembered all that blood that was on Anthony's suit and I cringed.

"I'll find us a way out Steve," I promised and walked back upstairs. This time, I was the one with the mission.

Natasha's POV

"Any luck?" I ask, placing my hands against my hips. Bucky shook his head tiredly, he had been up for the last few days. Trying to figure out where Tony was. Clint and I haven't gotten any luck either.

Clint broke down in sobs when we reached another dead end. I tried to comfort him, but the anxiety of not finding Y/N, kept biting at me. I was gonna stay strong for us, I believed we would find her.

"Anything on Parker?" Bucky asked out of no where. I shook my head slowly, wait, what happened to Peter?

"No, why?"

"I have been trying to contact him for the last couple days," Bucky replied, his fingers fiddled together as he faced me now.

So, Peter went missing. I remembered he came into the lab, wanting to help Clint and I. Clint was in a bad mood cause he told off the kid. It's been frustrating for the past few days for obvious reasons.

"I'll find him," I say and grab my hand gun. I secure it in my holster and grab a sharp knife. The Avengers were told to have them at all times. After Steve's death, we've been securing ourselves to every advantage.

"Just be careful,"

"I will,"

I walked out of the HQ, and Happy opened the car door for me. I thanked him with a tight nod and got comfortable in the back seat of the car.

"To Peter's," Happy nods and gets the car out of lot. The car moves forward. I usually don't get worried, I pick my battles perfectly. I know I'll win, and if I don't. Which happens rarely cause I usually can think of a way out. Thanks to the...Red Room. No, thanks to Clint, Bucky, and my team. My family.

They helped me through everything. Now, I'll return the favor. They gave me hope when I needed it the most.

Happy stops the car, and my brow raises suspiciously.

"Oh my god," Happy mumbles and looks out the window to his left. I hurriedly scoot to the left side and roll the window down. The cold air was like a wake up call, as I looked.

Police cars, ambulances, even the fire department were surrounding the pile of rubble, that was once an apartment building. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut behind me.

I made my way over to the nearest officer.

"What happened?" I asked sternly, my gaze still on the damage that was done. Oh god, I hope Peter's okay.

"We don't know, neighbors called because of a disturbance. Then the building exploded," The Officer replies blandly. Automatically I'm suspicious. The way he said it so calmly, like he had memorized it. I noticed his hand was hovering his gun, his sleeve peeling back as he did so.

A Hydra tattoo on his wrist was all I needed.