Chapter 40.5

Alternative Ending that was sitting in my drafts.

———

"He's done," Bucky murmured as he watched Tony timidly look around. I softly smiled as Tony's eyes connected with mine. A small smile crept onto his lips.

He got up, his legs wobbling slightly.

"...Uhm...Mr. Stark?" Scott asked quietly. Tony looked up, he saw everyone staring at him. His eyes darted from all the cold faces.

"....Its....good to have you back," Natasha said bluntly. Tony nodded, and walked over to me. Bucky tensed as he got closer to us.

"Barnes, I didn't mean to-"

Bucky shook his head, dismissing his apology.

"Don't. Just don't."

I sighed as Bucky left the room. Tony's head hung and he looked over at me.

"I'm really sorry..." His voice cracked, and I smiled softly at him.

"I know Tones, it's just gonna take him some...time." He nods, but tears still stung as they clouded his vision.

The team was gonna need a lot of time.

———

Tony had asked me on a date a month after his brainwashing was reversed. Bucky started to talk to him more, along with most of the team.

When we went to go visit the Avengers he had killed, he often refused to go. He felt like he didn't deserve to even go there. Yet, I was able to convince him other wise.

I expected him to breakdown when he came face to face with Peter's tomb. He just stared at it, mostly in shock. At least that's what I think.

I smiled as he held out his arm for me. He grinned as we entered the quiet restaurant. He made sure to get a table away from all the people, just him and I.

The waiter comes over, "Welcome to (random ass restaurant name), thank you Mr. Stark for coming."

Tony chuckles, and he smirks. His hand automatically wraps around my waist protectively. His arm brining us closer together.

"Please, Call me Anthony."