Chapter 33

"I want something just like this, I want something just like this,"

Peter Parker's POV

Miss Romanoff is really smart, I forgot how intelligent she was. She had recruited more people to help us track Y/N.

One of them being James Rhodes.

One of Tony's best friends. Rhodey knew Tony very well, having stuck with him through everything. Before he went all crazy.

I wondered if he knew that Anthony had killed his own parents. Everyone thought it was James, because that's what we were told. Rhodey had told us old stories of Tony, while tracking him down.

All these brilliant minds in one place was one more reason to keep searching. They all helped me properly bury May and give her a wonderful memorial service.

I never gave up hope with these heroes beside me.

Your POV

Anthony was an incredibly smart individual. But I knew my team was smarter. They were still tracking me down, I could feel it.

Anthony was drinking something, probably alcohol, as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"You know they aren't coming for you," He mumbled suddenly.

Of course he read my mind.

"They never do," He mumbled and took another swig. I raised my brow and sat beside him cautiously. "Bunch of fucking let downs." He tossed the discarded drink into the trash and sighed.

I didn't want to believe anything he said. I know the team was gonna come for me. It's a hard place to track down.

"You know, when I was captured by Hydra, I was like you. Hoping someone would come and save me. I relied on my team. You know what happened?" His voice suddenly calm, which didn't suit him.

His fist clenched slowly and his tongue traced his lips. He let out a dry laugh and looked back at me.

"They never came,"