Chapter 16

"So give me just enough to, make me feel something,"

Peter Parker's POV

I wanted to pass out. I felt like I was gonna pass out. Miss Romanoff still had her gun pointed at the Iron Soldier. I couldn't believe he attacked me like that. My breathing was ragged, probably from the gash against my leg.

The explosion was loud, but my spider senses tingled before it could happen. I hurriedly webbed Aunt May outside, and we both watched as our home went exploded. She cried, and so did I.

I noticed him walk behind the building, and I ran after him. I attacked him with such aggression, I thought I had the upper hand. I should've known he was this ruthless.

I aim my wrist at his leg and fired the web. I pulled with all my might and he slipped forward. Miss Romanoff was battling him as I tried to stand up. My right leg followed my demands, but my left didn't.

I looked over to see Cap's shield wedged in my leg. I had felt the pain, but I had felt it everywhere. But now as I found out, it hurt more. The shield, now black with a red star was covered in my blood.

I tried to pry it out, tears clouded my vision as I struggled and struggled. I couldn't, my arms were weak. I was too tired and exhausted.

A gunshot echoes through the air, birds flying away rapidly. I stop trying to pry the shield off and whipped my head around.

Miss Romanoff was on her knees, her hands clutching a bleeding wound near her shoulder. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks and am back to the shield that was lodged in my leg.

"Not on my watch Spider-Boy," the teasing voice growled. My hands started to work faster at the corner of the shield. I pulled the handles, but it didn't budge. He stood over me. I don't remember ever feeling so terrified in my life.

"Please Mr. Stark! Please!" I begged. His fists unclenched, and he backed off. A familiar look in his eyes. Did that mean that To-

The Iron Solider forced his foot down onto the shield forcefully with all his might. I screamed in pain as I felt the shield dig deeper into my leg. I didn't care if I cried, or not. I just didn't want to die.

Then another gunshot was heard and he stopped crushing my leg. I look up, tears still brimmed my eyes, to see him clutching his shoulder.

"Let me return the favor," I heard Miss Romanoff say. I finally realized she shot him in the shoulder. She fired another bullet into his leg, and he growled. He grabbed the shield, and I cried out in pain. My blood dripped from the shield slowly.

He swung at Miss Romanoff and she dodged. He threw the shield and she narrowly dodged it as well. He caught the shield again, and he was gone.

She walked over to me and helped me up.

"You alright kid?" She asked. I looked back at the place where the Iron Solider was last seen. A sly smirk formed onto my lips, through the pain, remembering the tracking device I placed onto the shield while he was distracted.

"I'm absolutely perfect,"