//Higher//

Steve and Natasha were sitting, watching the TV. Tony tried to look away, but his fucked up head wouldn't let him. And so, it began.

Loki rushed into his room,  placing a spell and grabbing a glass shard.

Tony felt the shock of the first time watching this wearing away.

He also felt tears spring to his eyes.

The man on the screen sat and pulled up his sleeves, unwrapping his arms.

Tony winced again, Natasha had gotten that look on her face. The one where she was scared or disgusted and her training hit in, where she lost any and all expressions. Steve had one hand over his mouth, his eyes scouring every detail of the scene. 

Then, the god lifted the shard and-

cut

cut

cut

cut

cut

cut

This was past what Thor had seen

Loki was crying harder than before, and he sat there for a few minutes, letting the red tears seep from his wounds, letting his arms weep. Then, he wrapped himself back up, sloppily because of the pain, pulled his sleeves back down, and sobbed again. Then Clint was visible at the door. 

Tony turned the screen off. 

He was crying too now. 

Steve looked horrified and very worried, Nat looked expressionless, but there were tears in her eyes too. Tony took a deep breath.

"This has happened 18 times over 5 days, according to FRIDAY," Tony mumbled. Nat gasped and Steve visibly winced. 

"N-no wonder Thor..." Steve started. "No wonder Thor was crying." 

"P-poor guy," Nat muttered. 

A wail was heard from the room next door.

With a glance at one another, all three headed over, only to find Thor a sobbing mess and Clint trying, and failing, to calm the god down. 

"I-I SHOULD H-HAVE KNOWN!" Thor sobbed.

Then, the god fell eerily silent, his eyes widening more. 

"I-I saw him crying in Asgard." He said it so quietly, so calmly. Then the hysteria returned. "I SAW HIM CRYING!!!" He sobbed louder. "HOW DID I NOT NOTICE!!??" Thor somehow managed to cry even louder. 

~Slight time skip~

After a few minutes, with the efforts of all three Avengers, Thor had calmed down a bit. They sat on the floor in a sloppy circle, trying to decide what to do about Loki.

Thor, obviously, wanted to go find his brother NOW.

Tony advised against it. 

Then FRIDAY chimed in. 

"Boss," she chimed, "the cameras have footage of our guest heading to the roof." Tony froze, his blood running cold. "He is currently on the last flight of stairs." Tony stood and ran as fast as his legs would carry him to the elevator.

"FRIDAY, emergency protocol!" he shouted, the protocol was made to divert power from other sources to the elevator, making it faster. 

"shit, shit, shit!!!" Tony hissed loudly. 

He had to make it in time!

What if he didn't make it?!

God, what if he didn't make it!?

Finally, the elevator arrived. 

And there, on the edge of the builiding, looking down, was Loki.