//Memories//

A bunch of the events that made Loki the way he is.

BIG HONKING TRIGGER WARNING FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING

(Sexual abuse, physical abuse, verbal abuse, torture, insanity, anxiety, panic attacks, etc.)

At first, Loki and Thor's new trainer seemed so kind. Especially to Loki.

He would brush his fingers through Loki's hair and took every opportunity to spend time alone with the boy. 

To Odin, he would lament the poor battle skills of the raven-haired boy. He would insist that one-on-one training would work wonders. 

Loki was to walk with the man to the training fields, through the woods. 

It was late, later than the time anyone else trained. 

Firmly gripping Loki's hand, the man turned on a path. 

"S-Sir, I think the fields are that way...?" The boy whimpered as the grip tightened on his hand.  

"Now, now. You needn't fret boy, I'm going to give you special training." He smiled his sickening smile, leading the boy deeper into the woods. 

Loki followed, he could trust his trainer. Father had chosen him personally, so it must be safe. 

They walked in the woods until the silence was deafening. 

No one heard a thing that night.

No one heard the pleading or the screaming. 

No one noticed the way Loki limped the next day, or the horror in his eyes when he saw the trainer in the halls.

~NEXT~

Loki was hiding. 

Or-rather-trying to hide.

He had broken one of his father's favorite vases. 

He had never been the one to break things, but he had been in a hurry to get away from his old trainer. 

They had long since switched trainers, but the man would give Loki bone-chilling smiles every time he spotted him. 

A pair of strong hands lifted him from the cubby he had been trying to hide in, the boy coming face-to-face with a guard personally assigned to Odin. 

Loki whimpered. 

He didn't have a chance to speak as he was tossed to the ground roughly in front of Odin. 

"F-father, I-I'm so sorry!" He pleaded, averting his eyes. 

Odin growled.

A dark, terrible sound. 

"You have been told time and time again to be careful around my things." The king spoke softly, quietly, but with a sense of boiling anger lurking just behind his tone. 

Loki squeezed his eyes shut. 

He knew that tone.

"P-Please, it won't happen again!"The boy pleaded, hoping to avoid punishment. 

"I truly wish I didn't have to do this son, but you must learn somehow."

Loki noted the stone walls and doors of this room. 

Too thick to allow any sound through. 

'Father is doing this to make me a better prince.' He told himself. 

Looking back, he saw nothing caring in the eyes of Odin. 

He saw only sadistic pleasure as his father beat him mercilessly.