Katie Cursed

Sarafina's POV

It's now half way through October and time for the first Hogsmeade visit. I was hoping to spend the day with Draco. But he has detention with Professor McGonagall. So I've decided to hang out with Harry, Hermione and Ron.

Not a lot has happened since I'd been invited to the Slug Club. I honestly found it boring and only continued to go for my friends. I'd been studying as hard as ever with Hermione's help. I'd received less complaints from others. I've also been researching a way to be with Draco and believe I've found it. I'd check it later.

Right now Ron is telling Hermione and I about Harry's wake up call for him. "And then there was another flash, of light and I landed on the bed again" he states as he helps himself to breakfast.

"Was this spell, by any chance, another one from that potion book of yours?" Hermione asks Harry.

"Always jump to the worst conclusion, don't you?" Harry asks her.

"Was it?" I ask him.

"Well. . . yeah, it was, but so what?" he asks us and I sigh.

"So you just decided to try out an unknown, handwritten incantation and see what would happen?" Hermione asks him.

"Why does it matter if it's handwritten?" Harry asks. Not answering the question.

"Because its probably not Ministry of Magic approved" Hermione states. "And also, because I'm starting to think this Prince character was a bit dodgy" she adds.

"It was a laugh! Just a laugh, Hermione, that's all" Ron tells her.

"Dangling people upside down by the ankle? Who puts their time and energy into making up spells like that?" Hermione asks.

"Fred and George" I answer.

"My dad used the spell, Lupin told me" Harry states.

"Maybe your dad did use it, Harry. But he's not the only one. We've seen a whole bunch of people use it, in case you've forgotten. Dangling people in the air. Making them float along, asleep, helpless" Hermione reminds him.

"That was different, they were abusing it. Harry and his dad were just having a laugh. You don't like the Prince, Hermione" Ron states. "Because he's better at potions" he adds.

"I'm better at Potions and she likes me just fine" I retort.

"I just think it's very irresponsible to start performing spells when you don't even know what they're for, and stop talking about 'the Prince' as if it's his title. I bet it's just a stupid nickname, and it doesn't seem as though he was a very nice person to me" Hermione states.

"I agree with performing unknown spells" I state. Just then Ginny appeared and gave Harry a note. It was from Dumbledore with a day and time for their next lesson. Afterwards the four of us go to Hogsmeade.

We went to Honeydukes first where we saw Slughorn. He spoke to Harry, Hermione and I. Ignoring Ron. He then left us. We then decided to go to the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer. But we ran into Mundungus along the way. He had nicked Sirius stuff and was selling it. This go Harry mad.

But Mundungus disappeared as Tonks appeared. She told us to get out of the cold. We do so and get a butterbeer each. Harry told us he'd tell Dumbledore about Mundungus. "Shall we call it a day and go back to school, then?" Harry asks once he finished his drink. We all agreed as the weather is getting worse.

We wrapped our cloaks around us and left. As we walk towards Hogwarts I see Katie and her friend arguing in front of us. "It's nothing to do with you, Leanne!" Katie shouts. I see Leanne made to grab hold of the package Katie was holding. Katie tugged it back and the package fell to the ground.

Katie rose into the air  gracefully, her arms outstretched. Her hair was whipped around her by the fierce wind, but her eyes were closed and her face was quite empty of expression. The others and I had all halted in their tracks, watching. Then, six feet above the ground, Katie let out a terrible scream. Her eyes flew open but whatever she could see, or whatever she was feeling, was clearly causing her terrible anguish. She screamed and fell to the ground unconscious. Leanne and I run over to her.

Harry goes to touch the package but Hagrid appeared telling him not to. "Touch only the wrapping" he instructs as he picks up Katie. We all go back to the castle. The trio and I stand in front of McGonagall & Snape as they examine the silver/opal necklace.

"Why is it, whenever something happens, it is always you four?" she asks us and I shrug.

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years" Ron tells her. Turns out the necklace is cursed. Katie is lucky to be alive.

"I think Draco Malfoy gave Katie that necklace, Professor" Harry states and I glare at him. Seriously what is his problem with my boyfriend?

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter. Do you have any proof?" McGonagall asks him.

"I just know" he states.

"You just know?" Snape asks unimpressed.

"Potter, I appreciate you telling me this, but we cannot point the finger of blame at Mr. Malfoy purely because he visited the shop where this necklace might have been purchased" McGonagall tells him.

"The same is probably true of hundreds of people" I add.

"In any case, we have put stringent security measures in place this year. I do not believe that necklace can possibly have entered this school without our knowledge" McGonagall states.

"Besides Draco wasn't even in Hogsmeade today, he had detention" I state.

"He was doing detention with me. He has now failed to complete his Transfiguration homework twice in a row. So, thank you for telling me your suspicions, Potter. But I need to go up to the hospital wing now to check on Katie Bell. Good day to you all" McGonagall says and leaves.

"I'd appreciate it, if you stopped accusing my boyfriend of every bad thing that happens" I tell Harry. "Now I am going to go find my boyfriend and spend time with him as he couldn't come to Hogsmeade. Good bye" I say and leave the room. Once out of view I disillusion myself and go to the room of requirement. As predicted Draco's goons are guarding it and I slipped by them.

"I told you not to come in here Sarafina" he tells me as I hugged him from behind.

"I missed you and needed to get away from Harry for a bit" I tell him smiling. "Honestly he thinks your a young Voldemort, he accuses you of every little bad thing. I'm getting sick of it" I state.He smiles and hugs me close.

"Thank you for standing up for me" he says.

"No need to thank me, you were innocent anyway. You were with McGonagall in detention" I state. "Speaking of, she says you've failed to complete your transfiguration homework twice. I don't care want you're doing in here, I won't let you fail classes. So now when we hang out, we will be studying" I tell him.

"Sure I can't persuade you to do something more fun?" he asks me. Pulling me close and whispers in my eye. "Maybe something physical" he says and kisses my neck.

"Oh no" I say pushing him away. "You have to study and we are going to start now, an hour then you can go back to that" I tell him firmly pointing to the cabinet.  I summon our homework and text books. Have the room give us a desk to work on and start to help him catch up on his overdue homework.

A/N

Gif above of cursed Katie and picture on the external link of the cursed necklace.