Christmas Party

Sarafina's POV

It's time for the Slughorn Christmas party. Draco still hasn't confirmed that he's coming, I pray he turns up. Hermione invited Cormac and honestly I'm annoyed at her fro that. I can't stand the guy, she couldn't of picked someone else? Anyone else. Harry invited Luna to the party. He's meeting her there at eight and it's ten to eight now.

I'm wearing a green party dress with a peacock design. Gold heels, gold hoop earrings and my Malfoy necklace. I did my make up and am doing my hair now in a rope braid. I go downstairs to see Harry there waiting.

"Hermione already left with Cormac" he tells me. "You look lovely, we should go. Don't want to keep Luna waiting" he states. I nod my head and we leave the common room heading for Slughorn's office. "So is Malfoy coming?" he asks me.

"I invited him, he never confirmed" I say shrugging. We arrive at the entrance hall at eight to meet Luna. We found an unusually large number of girls lurking there, all of whom seemed to be staring at him resentfully as he approached Luna.

She is wearing a set of spangled silver robes that were attracting a certain amount of giggles from the onlookers. But otherwise she looked quite nice. She had left off her radish earrings, her Butterbeer-cork necklace, and her Spectrespecs. "Hi Luna" we say in greeting.

"Hello Harry, Sara" she says smiling.

"Should we get going?" Harry asks us.

"Oh yes, where is the party being held?" she asks as we leave the entrance hall.

"Slughorn's office" I answer.

"Where is your date?" she asks me confused.

"I invited Draco, but he never confirmed" I say feeling uncomfortable. Honestly I was fine with Draco not coming. But everyone keeps asking about where my date is. Is reminding how I'm the only one going without a date. Maybe I should of invited someone as a friend. To late now.

"Did you hear, there's supposed to be a vampire coming?" Harry asks us changing the subject. I give him a grateful smile as Luna directs her attention to him.

"Rufus Scrimgeour?" Luna asks.

"What?" Harry asks surprised. "You mean the Minister of Magic?" he asks her.

"Yes, he's a vampire" Luna says matter of factly. "Father wrote a very long article about it when Scrimgeour first took over from Cornelius Fudge. But he was forced not to publish by somebody from the Ministry. Obviously, they didn't want the truth to get out" she explains. We arrive at Slughorn's office and go in. I look around a little impressed.

The ceiling and walls had been draped with emerald, crimson and gold hangings. So that it looked as though we are all inside a vast tent. The room was crowded and bathed in the red light cast by an ornate golden lamp dangling from the center of the ceiling in which real fairies were fluttering, each a brilliant speck of light.

Loud singing accompanied by what sounded like mandolins issued from a distant corner. A haze of pipe smoke hung over several elderly warlocks deep in conversation. And a number of house-elves were negotiating their way squeakily through the forest of knees. Obscured by the heavy silver platters of food they were bearing, so that they looked like little roving tables.

Slughorn appears dragging Harry and Luna away. I spot Blaise and go over to him. "Have you heard from Draco?" I ask him.

"No, sorry" he says. "I know you invited him" he states.

"I did, honestly I hardly see him anymore" I tell him sadly. Wrong, I do see him. But not out in the open as much as usual. I have to act like I feel lonely.