Frosty Christmas

Sarafina's POV

We're all at the burrow for Christmas. Fleur has to share mine and Ginny's room. While Harry and Ron are in the attic. As Remus and Tonks will take Ron's room. Bill is bunking with Fred and George. I promised Dumbledore I'd watch over Harry and Harry promised him not to wonder off while here for Christmas.

Anyway, Fred and George started a game of Exploding Snap with Ginny. Ron kept shooting Bill and Fleur covert looks as the pair dances.Meanwhile, Remus Lupin, who was thinner and more ragged-looking than ever, was sitting beside the fire. Staring into its depths as Tonks, dad and Harry sit beside him.

"Hey, can you do you need help?" I ask mum.

"No dear" she says as she continues to knit. "How are you and Draco going?" she asks me.

"Great, we went to Slughorn's Christmas party together. But he seems distracted lately" I tell her.

"How far have you gone?" she asks me.

"I'm still a virgin mum" I tell her quietly.

"Good, this is no time to risk bringing life into the world" she tells me.

"Mum, if we ever do it. We'd be careful, we're both smart enough to prevent pregnancy" I assure her.

"Sara, will you come here please?" Dad calls.

"Sure thing Dad" I say smiling and join him. "What's up?" I ask.

"We are talking about your boyfriend and Severus" Remus states.

"Honestly Harry, give it a rest" I snap. "It's Christmas, lay off my boyfriend" I state.

"Did you know Snape made an unbreakable vow to help Draco?" Harry asks me

"Even if he did, it's none of our concern and Dumbledore trusts Snape" I remind him.

"Just say Dumbledore's wrong about Snape..." he tries to say.

"People have said it, many times. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgment. I do; therefore, I trust Severus" Remus tells him.

"Do you honestly like Snape?" Harry asks him.

"I neither like nor dislike Severus" Remus answers. "We shall never be bosom friends, perhaps; after all that happened between James and Sirius and Severus, there is too much bitterness there. But I do not forget that during the year I taught at Hogwarts, Severus made the Wolfsbane Potion for me every month, made it perfectly, so that I did not have to suffer as I usually do at the full moon" he reminds him.

"That's right he kept you healthy" I state.

"For that, I'll be grateful" he states.

"Maybe he didn't dare mess with the potion with Dumbledore watching him" Harry suggests.

"You are determined to hate him, Harry" Remus says with a faint smile and I nod my head in agreement. "I understand; with James as your father, with Sirius as your godfather, you have inherited an old prejudice. By all means tell Dumbledore what you have told us. But do not expect him to share your view of the matter. Do not even expect him to be surprised by what you tell him. It might have been on Dumbledore's orders that Severus questioned Draco" he tells Harry.

"Who wants egg nog?" I ask.

"Great idea Sara, I'll go fetch it" dad says and leaves. I turn into a mountain lion and lay down by the fire.

"Sarafina, I told you not to do that inside" mum scolds me. I just look up at her. "Fine, but just because it's Christmas" she tells me. I tune back into Harry and Remus' conversation as Remus told Harry how Greyback who bite him. I flatten my ears.

"I cannot pretend that my particular brand of reasoned argument is making much headway against Greyback's insistence that we werewolves deserve blood, that we ought to revenge ourselves on normal people" he explains.

"But you are normal!" Harry exclaims and I nod my head in agreement. "You just have a problem" he mumbles. Remus burst out laughing.

"Sometimes you remind me a lot of James. He called it my 'furry little problem' in company. Many people were under the impression that I owned a badly behaved rabbit" Remus explains. I chuckle as dad returns with egg nog. We soon all go to bed.

(Next day)

We opened our presents and Draco got me a new charm for my charm bracelet. Ron had got a sweetheart necklace from Lavender. Hatty got a large number of maggots from Kreacher. Percy came with the current minster for magic. Who tried to get Harry to support the ministry, of course Harry declined.

Anyway it's night time and we're all relaxing. I'm in lion form again admiring the necklace the twins had given me. It's basically a choker, but it grows when I change forms. Remus and Tonks are leaving as it's a full moon tomorrow night. Mum and Dad are saying goodbye to them at the door. I sense something off and stand up looking out the window.

"Something wrong Fina?" Ginny asks me. Suddenly I see a fire start and snarl dashing outside to stand by my parents. Harry and Ginny join us as Bellatrix appears. Harry runs out after her and I follow with Ginny. We each back it through the fire. But I lose sight of them.

I notice Greyback and tackle him into the mud. Before taking off to where I heard spells being fired. I find Harry and Ginny with dad, Tonks & Remus. I stand in front of Harry and Ginny snarling at the tall grass around us. Suddenly we see the house go up in flames. I turn human. "Mum, Yuki" I say and we run back. I notice everyone outside but no Yuki or Patchy.

"Mum, where are Yuki and Patchy?" I demand.

"I don't know dear" she says.  I notice them in the window and turn back into a mountain lion. I dash into the house before anyone can stop me. I cough as I look around through the smoke. I dodge a falling piece of wood and rush upstairs. I find Yuki and Patchy in my room shielding Arnold.

I pick up Patchy by the scruff of his neck and Yuki picks up Arnold. We go to leave but the ceiling grumbles blocking the door. I look at the window, it's our only chance. I nod to it and Yuki nods. We run full speed and I break it jumping out. In the air I turn around grabbing Yuki and Arnold. I shield them and Patchy from the fall. I land on my side hard and yowl in pain.

"Molly, she's over here!" Dad shouts rushing over to me. I release the other three and Ginny picks up her pets.

"Thank you" she says.

"You foolish girl, you could of died" mum scolds me.

"We should get her to Saint Mungo's" Tonks tells her.

"Yes, Sarafina turn human" Remus tells me gently. I do so and hold my side. Yuki nudges me and licks my cheek.

"I'm ok girl" I assure her.

"We'll get her to the hospital mum, you can meet us there" Fred tells her. George grabs me and disapparates to Saint Mungo's. Where I'm taken to the emergency ward to have my burns treated. But I feel asleep as they started to mend my bruised ribs.

A/N

Picture above of Remus with Tonks and gif on the external link of the burrow burning.