Rejoining the Team

Sarafina's POV

"Wow, scary thought, the boy You-Know-Who" Ron says quietly as we walk across the veggie patch to Herebology.

"I still don't understand why Dumbledore is showing you all of this" I state. "It is interesting, but why?" I ask.

"Don't know" Harry says shrugging. "But he says its all important and it'll help me survive" he adds.

"I think it's fascinating" Hermione states. "It makes absolute sense to know as much about Voldemort as possible. How else will you find out his weaknesses?" she asks us.

"Good point" I tell her smiling. Harry then asks us how the latest slug party was. "He droned on about famous exploits a bit, and he absolutely fawns on McLaggen because he's so well connected" I state.

"But he gave us some really nice food and he introduced us to Gwenog Jones" Hermione adds.

"The Gwenog Jones? Captain of the Holyhead Harpies?" Ron asks shocked.

"Yep, the very same one" I say nodding my head as I grab my first pod.

"I think she was a bit full of herself, but..." Hermione starts.

"Quite enough chat over here" Professor Sprout says briskly coming over. "You're lagging behind, everybody else has started, and Neville's already got his first pod" she tells the others. "Well done Miss Weasley, keep up the good work" she tells me smiling before leaving.

"Slughorn's going to have a Christmas party, Harry, and there's no way you'll be able to wriggle out of this one" I tell him.

"Because he actually asked me to check your free evenings, so he could be sure to have it on a night you can come" Hermione explains.

"And this is another party just for Slughorn's favorites, is it?" Ron asks.

"Just for the Slug Club" Hermione says nodding.

"It's pathetic. Well, I hope you enjoy your party. Why don't you try hooking up with McLaggen, then Slughorn can make you King and Queen Slug" he tells her.

"We're allowed to bring guests" I tell him annoyed. Why does he have to always pick a fight with Hermione?

"I was going to ask you to come, but if you think it's that stupid then I won't bother" Hermione tells him.

"You were going to invite me?" Ron asks.

"But obviously if you'd rather I hooked up with McLaggen" Hermione grumbles. The rest of the lesson passed without further mention of Slughorn's party. Though of course, I'll be inviting Draco as he is my boyfriend.

Katie Bell is still in the hospital wing and I'm hanging with Ginny. When Harry approaches us. "Sara, I know you quit the team. But how would you feel about being chaser again?" he asks me.

"Of course Harry, but just until Katie is better" I tell him as I move a chess piece.

"Great, there's a practice tonight, seven o'clock" he tells me.

"Aye aye captain" I say and he leaves.

"This will be great Fina" Ginny tells me smiling.

(Practice)

The Beaters, Peakes and Coote, are better then when they tried out. I work well with Ginny and Demelza. The only problem is Ron. After letting in half a dozen goals, most of them scored by Ginny and myself. His technique became wilder and wilder, until he finally punched an oncoming Demelza in the mouth.

"It was an accident, I'm sorry, Demelza, really sorry!" Ron shouts. As I guide her safely to the ground as she drips blood everywhere. "I just..." he trails off.

"Panicked" I finished glaring at him.

"You prat, Ron, look at the state of her!" Ginny shouts as she runs over.

"Episkey" I say pointing my wand at Demelza's face and she healed.

"Ginny, don't call Ron a prat, you're not the Captain of this team" Harry tells her.

"Well, you seemed too busy to call him a prat and I thought someone should" Ginny tells him. He then has us all return to the air. Overall it was one of the worst practices I had ever been to. I went with the beaters and my fellow chasers to the changing rooms.

"You both have gotten a lot better since tryouts, if you come it up. You'll be as good as our brothers" I tell the beaters. Ginny nods her head in agreement.

"Thank you" they says.

"How you feeling Demezla?" Ginny asks.

"Better, thank you Sara" she says smiling.

"No problem" I tell her smiling.

"I'm going to go have a shower though" she adds and leaves. We all go back to the common room and Ginny goes over to Dean. Her current boyfriend and they start to make out. Ron lost it and shouted at her. Then at me when I tried to break them up. So Ginny stormed off to the girl dorms while I stormed out of the common room.

A/N

Picture above of Peakes and Coote. Picture on the external link of Demezla.