Chapter 2

Nico's POV

I can't believe he left! I should've stopped him but I know he needs to have time alone. I sighed. I still can't believe the nerve of that Athena spawn! She just left Percy after all he has done for her! He has saved her a multitude of times, turned down godhood for her, and came after her into TARTARUS! What's wrong with this girl?

During my rant, a sudden eerie feeling passed by me, indicating that someone that's close to me is dying. Oh my gods... Please, don't let it be Percy!

I shadow traveled, ignoring the fact that we were still in Olympus, to the place that I felt the most death and found myself in front of Percy's apartment. No, no, no...

I didn't care to knock, I just slammed the door open. What I saw quite a surprise and a little bit better than what I expected. But just a little and still bad nonetheless.

Percy was crying on a limp Sally and Paul, golden dust everywhere. I ran towards them. Sally and Paul were my parents in all but blood.

I joined my cousin in tears. A few moments later, I felt their life force fade completely.

"Come on, Perce. Let's go bury them," I said between sniffles. I just nodded.

We found a place where it was both peaceful and happy. I personally would never go there, but I would do it for Sally and Paul.

After we finished, we we said a few things and walked back into the house.

"Nico.. Can you make sure they get into Elysium?" He asked in an extremely depressing tone.

"I was already going to do that, Percy..." I replied.

"Yea... I'm going to go think about things. I'll be back," he said not looking at me,"eventually." He said the last word real soft, like he didn't expect me to hear but I did anyway.

"No! Percy! You can't just leave! You have a home at camp!" I tried to reason. He was my only family left and I can't just lose him.

"It doesn't feel right anymore. I have to sort things through. I'm sorry Nico," Percy argued. Out of nowhere, water started collecting around Percy in the unusual hot and dry weather. I started to realize what he was doing. Too late, I tried to grab on to him. Percy was gone.

How did he learn to do that? Sighing, I shadow traveled back to Olympus. I had a feeling that that was going to be the last time I saw Percy in a long time.

Thalia's POV

I had a feeling something bad was going to happen as soon as that Kelp Head left. And then Nico leaves with a pale face. I was really worried. I turned to glare murderously at my "not so friend."

"This all your fault!" I screamed at her. She looked appalled.

"My fault? I just wanted to live my life! What about you? You accepted too!" She defended.

"He LOVED you for goodness' sake! After all he went through for you, you just tossed him aside for the next thing that's good for you!" I snarled.

"I thought you were my friend!" Annabeth yelled at me.

"I thought so too, but if you just let your pride get in your way, I guess I'm not," I said, fighting tears. She was one of my first friends I ever had.

"Uh, guys?" A small voice I knew too well rang in my ears.

"What do you you want Death Breath?" I said, clearly not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Percy left," he said looking away.

"Duh! We saw him leave too!" I frowned.

"No, I didn't mean that. Earlier I felt someone's life force fading, and usually it doesn't happen unless it's someone close to me. I assumed it was Percy since he left a little while ago. But when I got there, I saw him crying because..." Nico trailed off, looking sad.

"What happened?" I urged. Hey! Death Breath usually never looks like he is about to cry, and by that look on his face, something extremely bad had happened.

He sniffed, "Sally and Paul were both dead." I suddenly became stiff. Just like Nico, they were the parents I never had. More tears welled up in my eyes. I had just lost my best friend and my "parents" all within minutes. I wonder how Percy would hold up.

"NO!" Poseidon cried out. He still loved Sally, that I could tell.

"We both buried them, and after a while, he told me to make sure they go to Elysium," Nico explained. "Then he said he would go think about things and that he would return eventually."

"Eventually?" Poseidon asked in a squeaky voice.

"Yea, I assumed he would be gone for a long time. Then water started to collect, I didn't notice what he was doing until it was too late. I tried to grab onto his arm but he was already gone." He said dejectedly.

"He'll come back, don't worry," I tried to make everyone happier.

"I sure hope you're right Thalia..." He stated.

Percy's POV

It has been weeks since my parents' death. No one has come close to finding and capturing me. Eventually, Zeus commanded the hunters to hunt me down. Vapor traveling is extremely difficult and I could only travel once a day. Occasionally I camped out in Alaska, just for them to lose their trail on me.

I couldn't face camp anymore, there were just too many memories of us together. Staying with my parents wasn't an option anymore. So instead, I camped out in different places of North America. Sometimes, I would see demigods running away from monsters. I waited until they were out of my way, and then I would hunt the monsters down.

I did train myself past my limits. Evading the gods and demigods were becoming easier and easier. Soon, they gave up. At last I was free to do anything I wanted. I trained and trained and trained. I could now use the water in remarkable ways.

I decided that I should look in every country, just so I could have some fun killing monsters. I never stayed in one place for more than an hour. Unless I'm sleeping.

Right now, I was patrolling around camp looking for any signs of the arrivals of demigods. I smiled when I saw some figures near Half-Blood Hill.

Time for some fun. I climbed a tree and started to jump my way there. As I reached my target, I noticed that there was a satyr and a demigod. The satyr was your average satyr, or at least the ones I saw. The demigod looked like a son of Apollo. I was better at identifying each demigod by their features. Behind them was my favorite monster, the Minotaur. It brought back so many memories.

As I waited for the companions to walk out of sight, I thought about my life.

As much as I loved my old life, I knew I couldn't go back, things wouldn't be the same. Besides, I kind of liked having to save demigods everywhere.

I looked back at the scene, the Minotaur was far ahead now. Oh this is just fantastic! More work! Yay!

Running to catch up to my prey, I solidified some water to make a sharp spear, and threw it at him. It gave a massive roar before charging at me.

I used an old trick on the Minotaur. Using the moisture in the air around me, I jumped as high as I can and onto its back. The Minotaur bucked me around, trying to throw me off. Wow, major deja vu here...

I took out riptide a stabbed downward on his neck, using the water vapor to steady me. Before my sword met its mark, the Minotaur suddenly melted into the shadows of the night.

"What the?" I exclaimed as I fell with a thump. I would have to worry about this later. I got off the ground and ran silently towards the border. I saw the satyr and son of Apollo walk towards the big house. Smiling, I left the scene without a trace