Chapter 8

Percy's POV

I was currently chained to a table that was magically unmovable, in one of the hunter's tent. I banged my head on the table. Why is my life so complicated?

I was broken from my thoughts as the tent flap opened, revealing Artemis. She had a smirk on her face.

"My, my. Eleven years we had to chase you. But now we caught you anyways. Can't say that I'm not impressed however. So how does it feel to be trapped?" She asked me.

I remained silent. She smirked again.

"Choosing not to speak? No matter. At my lieutenant's request, I will bind you to her so you won't escape anymore," she stated. This day just keeps getting better and better. Artemis stated a Greek phrase and said, "By the way, you will not be allowed to be away from Thalia more than 2 miles, unless she allows you to or she breaks the bind," before leaving the tent.

I looked down and noticed that my shackles were opened. I started to pace inside the tent, running my hand through my hair.

I was stuck with the hunters. Wonderful! I decided to call for Nico.

"Nico!" I yelled out to nothing. I had projected my voice into his mind with my powers. He appeared seconds later.

"Yeah? What do you want?" Nico asked me, obviously annoyed that he had to come back here.

"What I want," I mimicked his voice. "is for you to find a way out of this mess! I'm stuck with Thalia now!" I exclaimed. I hurriedly explained the situation to Nico.

"So now you want me to find something that can remove your 'curse'," he summarized.

"Yes! Now go before Artemis comes back!" I said hurriedly as I made a shooing motion. He melted into the shadows.

This is going to take a LONG time before I'm free again.

Nico's POV

I left the hunter's camp and arrived on Olympus. All gods and minor gods now had palaces on Olympus. I explored the gods' home until I found myself face to face with a blackish, greenish palace decorated with purple torches. It was mysterious in a way. Hecate's palace.

I took a deep breath and knocked. I hoped that she was home. The door opened with a creak, but there was no one there. I heard a spine-chilling voice inviting me inside.

"Come in, hero," It croaked. Hesitantly, I stepped inside.

The outside looked about the size of a regular house. However, the inside was as big as a museum. The corridors seemed endless as I stalked through them. It was very dark, but that was never a problem for me as I was a son of Hades.

At last, the door was now facing me. I could always turn back. Sighing, I bit my lip and pushed open the door.

The inside looked creepier. In other words, it looked pleasing, if you were me of course. It was a classic library theme with a fireplace, blazing with warmth. There was a table that looked worn down. Behind that was a rocking chair that held Hecate. Creak, creak, creak. I bowed.

"Lady Hecate," I said.

"Ahh... Nico Di Angelo. What a surprise, what is your purpose of your presence?" She croaked.

"Well..." I said, not knowing how to start.

Artemis's POV

After I walked out of Perseus's tent, I flashed to the throne room. As soon as I got up there, my father slammed his bolt to the ground signaling an emergency meeting. I shrugged. Maybe he knew that I had found Perseus.

I walked over to my throne and sat down, waiting for the other Olympians to arrive. I had expected Athena to arrive first. Hera was already present. Hestia was the first to arrive. Then Hermes and Apollo. A pale, aged looking Poseidon and the usual Hades next, then Dionysus. Strange... Athena's not here yet. Hephaestus arrived seconds later along with Demeter. Arriving next to last were Ares and Aphrodite, but still no Athena. She's usually one of the first to arrive. I wonder what had happened.

Moments after, a tear streaked Athena flashed in. I widened my eyes and was about to run over when father spoke.

"I'm afraid we have some grave news," he spoke solemnly. "Annabeth Chase and Jason Grace are missing." We gasped. Athena started to sob. My father looked pained.

"I believe they were taken by..." He gulped. "Tartarus." It went eerily quiet until Athena broke down and let loose some gut wrenching sobs. I knew she loved Annabeth a lot. I run to her side.

"Do not worry sister," I soothed hugging her. "We will find them and bring them back." She just sobbed harder.

"Anybody knows where those two punks are at?" Ares said boredly. I gritted my teeth and held back my urge to shoot an arrow.

"They're obviously in Tartarus, you dimwit! Where else?" Athena cried out.

Suddenly the room was colored in green. I looked over at my brother and saw that his mouth was the source of the green mist. In an ancient raspy voice, he spoke.

"Three half bloods, born of the shadows, sky and sea,

Shall save the two, the Fates foresee.

Truth of things, shall be shown.

The king of Olympus will then be known."

He collapsed back into his throne and fell asleep. I almost face palmed.

My sister's face lit up at the thought of her daughter being saved.

My father cleared his throat. "We will work this prophecy out. The first line must mean our children," He said, indicating himself and my uncles.

"The two that the prophecy states could mean Annabeth and Jason," Hermes helped out. "But it's not necessarily them." Athena nodded in acceptance. I could tell she still had hopes that her daughter was to be saved. I decided to walk back to my throne, considering that my sister looked better.

"The truth of things, shall be shown. What would that mean?" Hephaestus grunted.

"I do not think we will be able to find what the truth actually is, so all we know is that secrets will spilt." Hera added.

"The last line probably states that whoever wins will be the ruler of Olympus. Just hope that it would be us." I said.

"Alright. We will inform the Romans about the prophecy, as the Greeks already have their Oracle. I assume that you will notify the hunters, my daughter?" Zeus asked me. I nodded my head. Apollo stirred and woke up. He yawned and stretched in his throne.

"What happened?" Apollo yawned.

"Err... I will inform you after. For now, let's discuss who the three half bloods should be." My father decided. "Thalia should be one."

Hera sent a half glare at him, reminded of his affairs with other mortals. A reason why men were pigs.

Hades spoke up, "Nico should go as well."

We all looked over at Poseidon. He looked extremely depressed that his son was missing. "No child of mine is... available now," he stated solemnly.

That's when I remembered about Perseus. "Actually," I started. Poseidon perked up. "The hunt and I have found Perseus today. He is currently in one of my tents." My uncle gasped and was about to flash away to his son when a voice interrupted.

"Wait! So we all agree that Thalia Grace, Nico Di Angelo and Perseus Jackson are the quest members?" We all nodded. "Very well, council dismissed."

I flashed away along with my uncle to the hunt.