chapter 5

Percy's POV

Evading the hunters is not so easy anymore. With my dear cousin knowing that I am alive, she is trying harder and harder. If. It for the fact that I had a job, I would've given up.

You would think that after centuries she would give up. Anyways, I had bigger problems. Monsters were getting smarter and stronger as if they had been trained, which is the highest possibility so far. The real question is who it what has been training them.

The monsters only appeared in large groups, and I had to exterminate them. Every ambush against them were getting more difficult every time. I needed help and I knew exactly where to get it. I prayed to Chaos just for conformation to make sure I was able to do this.

I vapor travelled to the underworld, making sure my presence was unknown. I found Nico Di Angelo playing with Cerberus.

"Hey," I said ever so casually. He whipped his head around to fall backwards.

"P-P-Percy?" He stuttered as he got back up.

"Yup!" I grinned. Suddenly he poked my face.

"Hey! What was that for?" I asked incredulously.

"Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were really here," he said.

"And that gave you permission to stab my face with your finger," I said.

"Still sarcastic as ever I see," Nico said with a smile. "Anyways, why are you here?"

"Am I not allowed to visit my cousin?" I asked with mock pain.

"Well you haven't been doing that in awhile," he retorted.

"Touché," I replied. "Nico, I need to ask you something. Are you willing to help me out on my quests?"

"What do you mean by 'quests'," he asked suspiciously.

"If you hadn't noticed, the monsters are getting a lot smarter and stronger. I've been trying to hunt them down but it's getting exhausting. I was wondering if you could help," I explained.

"Uh.. Hate to break it to you Perce, but I'm kinda immortal," he sounded downcast.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Let me ask someone," I said mysteriously. 'Hey Chaos! Is there any way that Nico can help?' I shouted mentally.

'Well your friend Nico was only given immortality, not godhood right?' I mentally nodded.

'Then he is free from the ancient law, like you are.' He stated.

'One more thing. Can I tell him about you?' I asked. I could picture him nod as I felt this presence leave. I nearly exploded from happiness.

"He said you are able to help, since you are immortal not a god," I said with an ear splitting grin.

"Who exactly is 'he'?" Nico asked.

"Oh! I was talking to Chaos." I stated indifferently, while smirking internally.

He scrunched his eyebrows while he thought and then his eyes widened. "You mean Chaos, as in CHAOS, the creator of all?"

"Indeed," I smiled.

"Man! You get all the fun!" Nico exclaimed. I just chuckled, grabbed his shoulder and vapor travelled away.

Nico's POV

Percy grabbed onto my shoulder and started to dissolve into water. Vapor traveling is a lot like shadow traveling but... different.

I found myself in a clearing in a forest. It reminded me of Thalia.

"Hey Percy, if you told me, I assume you would've told Thalia right?" I asked him. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Err... Sort of?" He said smiling sheepishly.

"What?" I asked confused.

"She kinda... found me and I escaped," he replied.

"So now she's on a rampage trying to find you," I guessed.

"Got that right. Now, down to business. I can't have you help without training," he said with a smirk.

"Training?" I questioned uneasily.

"Of course! Wouldn't want an elephant-like companion following me. So your first exercise is to run 10 miles!" He exclaimed with a grin that could rival Apollo's. I groaned.

"Why ten miles? Why not ten yards? Or ten feet?" I complained. Hey, I most definitely do not want to run ten miles. I'm sure you wouldn't either.

"Shh! Don't question, just follow. Now run!" He said sternly. I groaned as I shot into the trees.

~ 10 miles later ~

"How...do...you...do...this?" I struggled to say as I gasped for air. Percy, on the other hand, looked as if he just took a stroll in the park.

"Meh, I do this everyday," he said with a shrug.

"Are...we...done...for...the...day?" I asked between gasps.

"Nope, not even close! But guess what you have the pleasure of doing now?" He said smiling like an idiot. Wait... He is one.

"Sleep?" I asked wistfully.

"Nice try! But no. You are going to do five hundred push-ups! YAY!" He shouted like a five year old. Is this guy on drugs or something?

"No..." I groaned.

"Yes!" He screamed. "And you shall start right here, right now!"

I grumbled about things somewhere on the line of Percy, mental, and no sense of sympathy.

Percy's POV

Ah, the joys of making Nico suffer. Anyone would surely feel at the least a twinge of sympathy. Luckily I'm not just anyone. I grinned. This almost makes up for Thalia's crazy hunts.

"26. 27. 28. C'mon! Faster Nico! We don't have all day!" I shouted "encouraging" words. In fact we do have all day, but I have many, many things planned