Chapter 3

Percy's POV

Lately, I haven't been able to kill one single monster. They always disappear at the last moment and frankly, it's getting infuriating.

I fear someone, or something is trying to take over the world... again. Frustrated, I kicked a rock into the air.

"Ow!" A mysterious voice exclaimed. I looked around frantically. I saw a man about 6'2. He wore what looked like a wizard's robe that is pure black with stars sprinkled on it. His eyes were like looking into space itself.

"Ah, Perseus Jackson," he smiled. I backed up. Usually, when someone knows my full name, it gets violent. "There's no need for you to be afraid. I'm here to grant you a proposition."

"Um... Who are you exactly?" I asked.

"Oh! Excuse me for that, I always forget. My name is Chaos." He said. I racked my brain through the myths. When I finally found Chaos, my eyes widened.

"You mean Chaos, the creator of all?" I asked warily. He smiled and nodded. I immediately dropped into a bow.

He frowned, "No formalities please, I hate it."

I hesitantly got up.

"So... What exactly is this proposition?" I asked.

"I would like you to protect the earth," he stated blandly.

"And by that you mean..." I egged on.

"Well since you are already doing what I had wanted you to do, I just wanted to make it official and easier. I will bless you, adding extra cool powers and immortality." He shrugged as if that was nothing.

"Wait, you want ME, out of everyone else in the world, to be the protector of Earth?" I asked incredulously. He shrugged again. "Why not?" I said.

"Great!" He exclaimed with the a gigantic grin on his face. He then shot a beam of pure black energy at me.

Suddenly pain that could rival my swim in the Styx erupted inside me.

"Argh!" I collapsed. After awhile, the pain dissolved.

"Finally," Chaos sighed. "I was getting worried. Anyways, you better flash away. It seems Zeus has sensed my presence and is coming here." He began to disappear.

"Wait! How do I flash away?" I yelled out.

"Just think of it," Chaos voice sounded out before it was finally silent.

"Thanks... That explains a lot," I grumbled. I closed my eyes and imagined myself disappearing with a flash of light. When I opened my eyes again, I saw... the same forest I was attempting to flash away from.

"Forget it, I'm just going to vapor travel," I said annoyed that Chaos did not help at all. I could just hear him laughing right about now. I sighed, then disappeared into mist.

Thalia's POV

I don't know how he does it. Percy manages to evade the gods and the hunt. I can tell that it was aggravating Lady Artemis. The hunt had never failed to hunt something down. Especially since he's a male. Nico has been more dark and gloomy since his disappearance. Annabeth had stayed up on Olympus longer and everyone was down.

We were getting ready for our fifteenth hunt for Percy. It never took more than five hunts to track someone down. UGH! Frustrated, I kicked my bed. Ouch...

"Thalia! We're almost ready! You should pack your tent!" Lizzy, a hunter, called out. I sighed and walked outside. I took down the ropes that held the tent up, and everything magically collapsed and disappeared.

The hunters were ready moments later. Hopefully this time, we would be able to find him.

(Time Skip - 3 hours later)

We were detoured after my father had called Artemis up to Olympus, leaving me in charge of the hunt. Artemis had come back a little while later, and explained that we had to exterminate an unusual large group of monsters in Yellowstone National Park.

I was slightly upset that we could not continue to search for Percy, but I didn't protest.

We arrived quickly because of the fact that we were very near the park and heard some commotion not very far from the west entrance. We silently ran towards it and saw a battlefield. Or rather, what seemed like a battlefield. Hundreds of monsters were rushing to attack the lone figure although many were dissolved into golden dust.

The hunters and I started to rain arrows on the monsters until there was around fifty left. Still a lot, but we decided to wait to see who was fighting and their skills.

The figure was hooded not allowing us to see his appearance though he was clearly a male. His attacks were flawless and graceful. I had no doubt that he could have handled these monsters until they suddenly backed up. They looked at each other as if they had a plan.

Suddenly, they surrounded him. Some were even on trees, ready to pounce if he managed to escape.

He was able to destroy almost all the monsters, but failed to notice the hellhound in the tree. As he was facing the other way, the hellhound pounced, shadow traveling to the front of the surprised figure, and dug its claws into into his stomach. He slashed the hellhound seconds too late. he collapsed to the ground.

I rushed forward towards the man and stopped dead in my tracks as I finally saw who he was.

Green eyes, closing as soon as I came, messy jet black hair. The one and only, Perseus Jackson