Chapter 6

Thalia's POV

Aim, fire, reload. Aim, fire, reload. I was shooting my arrows as fast as Artemis herself. All the pent up anger is releasing through every arrow. I thought about the day Percy left.

I became an immortal along with Nico, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo, and... Annabeth.

Gods, I hate her. She hasn't shown her face since the day Percy first left. It's been what? A decade that I found and lost Percy. I have caught up to him during my hunts, but we never got to actually capture him. A sudden thought crossed my mind. He still looks the same. How is that possible? He should've looked older... I need to ask Lady Artemis about this.

I slung my bow over my shoulder, ran towards my mistress's tent, and knocked.

"Come in!" I heard her call from the inside. I lifted the tent flap up and walked in. I found Artemis sitting on the bed, seemingly thinking.

"May I ask you a question Milady?" I asked Artemis.

"Of course, Thalia. Go on ahead," she replied looking up.

"I have just noticed that every time we encounter Percy, he looks the same. He should've aged if he hadn't accepted the immortality. Do you know how he still looks the same?" I asked her.

She hesitated before answering, "Apollo and I believe he was blessed."

"Blessed? Blessed by whom?" I asked confused.

"Err.. We believe he is blessed by... Chaos," She said almost reluctantly. I stumbled and nearly fell backwards.

"WHAT?!" I screamed. "When did you find out?"

"Ten years ago?" She said tentatively.

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THIS EARLIER WHY?" I took a deep breath and regained my composure. "I'm sorry. Why haven't you informed me of this Milady?"

"I'm sorry Thalia. It's just if word gets to our father, he will kill Perseus once we find him," She told me. " And Apollo and I aren't even sure if it's true, we are just assuming."

"I see... May I go now, Milady?" I asked.

"Of course," She replied.

I walked out the tent pondering on what I was just told. Percy might've been blessed. Blessed by none other than Chaos!

I was pretty sure that Artemis's assumption was true. Why? It's pretty obvious. Percy was fast, but when I get mad, I push the hunt to their limits. No one, and I mean NO ONE, would be able to escape the hunt. But he did. And anyone who knows Percy, knows that he is an excellent warrior, but he was still limited. Ever since I found him for the first time, he seemed a lot more skilled. Impossibly skilled.

That was enough to confirm that he was indeed blessed. Plus I've seen him use his weird powers, during our hunts.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the tree in front of me until I bumped into it. I stumbled back and somehow found myself falling into a lake. I closed my eyes, wanting to be somewhere else. Who knows what Poseidon might do? He may be kind and not vengeful like my own father, but I didn't want to take a chance.

I felt a tug on my gut and heard a thunder clap. I opened my eyes in surprise and found myself inside my own tent. Impossible... How did I do that? I wasn't a god, so it couldn't be flashing.

I decided to try it again; this time without closing my eyes. I narrowed my eyes in concentration and imagined myself next to the lake.

Out of nowhere, a lightning flash zigzagged it's way toward me with a loud clap.

Everything was white for a second and then it cleared up. I scanned my surroundings and noticed that I was next to the lake.

"Cool..." I mumbled. An idea came to my head. I could use the power to catch Percy! I grinned maniacally. I was sure that I WILL catch Jackson next time. The next hunt is the day after tomorrow. Perfect! That gives me enough time to perfect my power.

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Nico's POV

After a day of torture, I was finally able to rest. 'But only for five hours,' I thought with a mocking voice. How I regret my decision...

I drifted into Morpheus's realm quickly. After Percy's vicious "training", I could sleep for days. I woke up with a start, when I felt ice water was being poured on myself.

"Agh!" I exclaimed. I shot up and kicked whoever dared to interrupt my relaxing sleep.

Unfortunately, my foot was caught midair.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You know better than to kick me, Nico," A voice sounded out. "And I thought I was your best friend." I looked up to see Percy, still holding my foot.

"Well you were... Until you created my own personal Underworld," I reasoned.

"I thought you liked the underworld," He replied with a smirk.

"Yeah well, you know what I mean. Can I have my foot back now?" I asked annoyed.

My foot dropped to the ground with a thud.

"What time is it anyways." I asked with a yawn.

"5:30 AM," he answered bluntly.

I groaned and flopped on my bed, only to get yanked back to my feet.

"Come on, you slept for six hours. Way past the limit," he said sternly, as if scolding a misbehaving six year old. "Besides, I have a mission for you."

I looked up curiously. I was only trained for one day and I already get a mission,

"What kind of mission?" I asked suspiciously.

"An easy one. All you have to do is go sneak into the hunters' camp and find out when the next hunt for me is," he stated as if that's as easy as stealing candy from a baby. "I would do it, but then I thought, 'Hey! This is a perfect chance to have Nico prove himself!' And here we are!"

My eyes widened in horror. "No way! I am not doing that! Do you know what will happen if I get caught?!" I shook my head vigorously.

"Too bad! Besides, you're an immortal. Not a demigod, but not a god either. You can still reform though." He explained.

"Great! Hi! I'm Nico! I'm sneaking into the hunter's camp, so that I can spend ten years in Tartarus!" I said sarcastically.

"That about sums it up," Percy said cheerfully. "And if you fail this mission, your training WILL become harder. If you succeed, nothing will change, so..."

"Whatever, not like I have a choice," I grumbled.

Percy's POV

I watched as Nico shadow travel away. The plan was simple. Nico sneaks in, finds the hunter's schedules, finds out when the next "Percy Hunt" is, and leaves. Piece of cake! For me anyways.

I tested out some of my new powers while waiting for Nico. So far, I knew I could heal people, though it takes nearly all my energy. So that was for emergencies. My water powers were improved and I was able to send things to the void.

Off in the distance, a faint scream could be heard. 'That's my cue,' I thought as I vapor travelled to the hunt's camp