Chapter 13

Nico's POV

As Thalia, Percy, and I trudged across the underworld, I began to think of what we were facing. I've been to Tartarus before but, I knew that it was going to be a lot more difficult now that we're in a war against the very pit.

"Guys, I think we're here," Percy said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Fantastic," Thalia muttered.

"Soo... Do we just jump in, or what?" Percy asked. I sighed at him.

"How else? We can't just elemental travel down there! Wait.. We can.." I trailed off.

"Seriously? And you have the guts to call me an air head," Thalia said rolling her eyes.

Instead of answering, I ran off into one of the shadows. Percy and Thalia followed my lead, each traveling their own way, and aimed for the bottom of the pit. For some weird reason, I seemed to bounce and fly out of my shadow. I found myself falling down the pit instead.

"Styx! What happened?" I questioned myself.

"Beats me," A voice said behind, startling me. It was Percy.

"Everything beats you, Percy. That's why you have the title of the Hurricane of Stupidness," Thalia remarked.

"Says the Airhead. Hey, here's a random thought. How did Dionysus get the title of Theatre, when it is clearly Zeus who is more fit?" Percy asked.

"How'd you know that?" I questioned.

He reluctantly answered. "I guess my lessons with Annabeth must've rubbed off on me, " He said nonchalantly. "You know, we are falling into Tartarus. Why aren't my powers working?"

"I don't know, mines aren't either, but does yours work, Nico? I mean, we are in your domain," Thalia suggested.

"I don't think my powers work either. But I'll try," I said as I willed myself to shadow travel. Nothing happened.

"Nope!" I yelled out.

Thalia groaned. "How are we supposed to succeed in this quest if we aren't able to use our powers?"

"We'll just have to wing it. We can't possibly know what we will be facing, as Tartarus has obviously changed," Percy said. Suddenly, dim lights allowed me to see better. That meant the ground was coming up.

"Brace yourselves!" I called out.

Athena's POV

The light died down, leaving me a view of two women and a man. One of the women radiated light as did the man. The other woman seemed to blend into whatever shadows were still seen. Judging by their aura, and their looks, I concluded that these people were Nyx, Hemera and Aether.

I stood up from my throne and bowed. I ignored the confused looks from the other Olympians.

"Lady Nyx, Lady Hemera, Lord Aether," I said whilst still other Olympians gasped and bowed as well. I had to roll my eyes.

"Rise, Olympians," Aether commanded.

"We are here to give you some good news and some bad news," Hemera said. "Would you like the bad news first, or the good news?"

I follow by the rule, bad news first, then good to brighten it up. "Bad," I spoke.

"Alright. You may already know that my brother, Tartarus, is rising. What you don't know is that my husband, Erebus, Pontus, and Thalassa are also on his side," Nyx announced.

My mind was reeling. Four primordials? We barely stood a chance against Tartarus, and now there were three other primordials?! For gods' sakes! We are going to die. Wait, why would Nyx, Aether and Hemera warn us unless... I gasped.

"Does that mean you're helping us? I mean, if you were on the other side or even neutral, why would you tell us this?" I blurted out.

Aether chuckled. "As perceptive as ever, I see." I blushed. "Yes, you are indeed right. We will be helping you, however we are limited. We are not as free as you are with mortal affairs. We will only be able to take care of Tartarus, Erebus, Pontus and Thalassa. We cannot help with the titans and such."

"Titans?!" Ares shouted. "This is going to be one awesome war!"

I sent a withering glare at him.

"You best shut your mouth, Ares," Hemera spoke. "This is not some measly war with the titans. This is war with basically EVERY godly deity. There is a high chance we fail. If that does happen..." She trailed off. I didn't even want to think of that. There was a solemn mood.

"We have some other bad news," Nyx broke the silence. Styx! There's more?" One of your fellow Olympians, Artemis, has been captured by the enemy ranks. We will not be able to retrieve her in time for the war. However, the possibility of her escaping is also available, as your three questers may be able to free her in time."

My heart pounded. My favorite sister is captured? Oh my gods.

"WHAT!?" Apollo and my father jumped up from their seats. Then they slumped back down when Nyx sent a glare their way.

"As much as I hate to say this, Artemis is one of the most skillful gods we have. If she is MIA for the war, how are supposed to win? We have monsters, titans AND four primordials!" Hera inquired. The there protogenoi didn't answer.

My eye caught Apollo biting his lip nervously from across the room, before he stood up.

"Um, actually, Artemis and I have been hiding something from you guys," He announced hesitantly. I raised an eyebrow. "During my sister's hunts for Percy, they have encountered him one time before he escaped. When she had found him, he was injured so she called for me to heal him. When we did, we found out something..."

"Well? Go on," I said, eager to hear more.

He sighed, "He was blessed by Chaos."

I wanted to end here, but...

"WHAT!?" Zeus bellowed. "Why haven't you informed me of this?! He could go against us!"

Poseidon was the first one up. "Listen, brother," he spat. "I don't care if he's a Titan! He's on our side! Your paranoia has got to stop. Can't you see?! He may tip the scales to our favor! If you touch one hair on his head, you will lose one Olympian in this war."

I sat with my jaw hanging.

"He's right, brother," Hades piped up. "I will follow Poseidon's footsteps, if you should decide to kill my nephew."

"I as well." Hestia agreed.

"Me too," Hermes said.

"Count me in," Apollo said, deadly calm.

"Ooh! Don't forget me!" Aphrodite chirped.

Everyone was frozen, including me, for minutes. Finally, my father broke the silence.

"Fine," He grunted.

"Alright, now that that's settled. We have to leave. We'll be back in a few days to train your campers as well as you," Hemera said.

"Wait! One quick question!" I shouted.

"Shoot," Aether said.

"Alright, isn't Erebus your husband, Lady Nyx? Why are you on our side? Not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious," I asked.

Nyx sighed before answering. "I don't agree with my husband's intentions. I know what the world is going to be, if he succeeds. That is why I'm going against him."

They disappeared in a bright light, only to be dimmed down by Nyx.