𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

EIGHTEEN

its been a couple of days since arlo has been back in texas and a couple of days since she last messaged zion.

she also hasn't opened up the twitter dm from mr. arreaga because she feared it was going to be something she didn't want to see or read.

she didn't know what she did or what happened between her and zion, but he's been ignoring her texts and leaving her messages on seen and she's had just enough of it.

in her mind, they were getting along fine but apparently he was thinking someone else.

not only was it irritating her that he wasn't answering, but she still didn't know what the surprise was.

it's been on her mind since he mentioned something about it but it's not like he was going to be answering her soon. doing one of the things that relieves her stress, arlo changed into some leggings and an over sized shirt and decided to go on a run.

as she was closed the front door and was putting in one of her earbuds she stopped in her tracks.

you've got to be fucking kidding me, arlo thought.

not only were her earbuds all tangled up, but brandon arreaga was casually walking towards the house next to hers. she rubbed her eyes, hoping she was just envisioning something but nope, that was brandon fucking michael lee arreaga.

it's as if brandon felt her staring because he turned his head and made eye contact with her.

r u n, was arlo's first instinct but she felt as if her feet were glued to the pavement.

he stayed there, standing fifteen feet away from her. he tilted his head slightly and slowly made his way over to her, "arlo?"

"uh, hi, do i know you?" arlo nervously laughed.

"i would hope that you know me," brandon slightly chuckled, sticking out his hand towards her, "i'm brandon, i believe you said you wanted to give me the sucky succ?"

"oh my gosh i am so sorry- i- i didnt mean that," arlo stuttered, internally groaning as she felt her face heat up and quickly shook his hand, "um, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here in texas?"

"it's all good," he smiled, "well texas is my home and i came to visit my parents. i don't think they're home though-"

"you're parents live next door?" she questioned, raising one of her brows.

"yeah, i've lived in that house since i was a kid," he smiled, pulling out his phone and checking out a text message, "well my parents want me to meet them somewhere, so i guess i'll see you around?"

"uh yeah.. for sure," arlo quietly responded, making brandon smile and nod.

he started walking away and stopped in his track and slowly turned back around, "also um, can you please not tell anyone where i live?"

"why would i do that?" arlo questioned, looking at him confused.

"well you're a fan. i just have to be careful," he smiled slightly.

arlo felt her heart sting at the mention of fan. she could feel her eyes tear up but she couldn't cry in front of him, he'd think she was too weird or that something was up with her and he'd probably not talk to her ever again. without saying anything, she looked at him one last time and went back inside her house.

of course, with the luck she's been having brandon would be her fucking neighbor.

she felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket so she pulled it out, revealing a message from instagram.

[ i n s t a g r a m
d m s ]

zionkuwonu :
brandon is in texas

SEEN

no shit sherlock, arlo thought to herself as she put her phone away trying to occupy her mind with anything else except boys.

stupid boys.

i was at the dmv all morning and was bored so i decided to update hehe

also, i'm taking 3 summer courses and they require a lot of work which is why i haven't updated as much

but yeah (:

-spillthebeanz