𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

TWENTY

arlo stood in her front yard, pulling at the string on the lawn mower in attempt to get it to start but failing.

after the 28th time of doing it and getting no reaction from the lawn mower at all, her mind was set on giving up and going inside to tell her dad to do it.

but then again, she was the one begging him to let do the lawn.

so far, this wasn't going as planned.

she expected a shirtless brandon arreaga to come prancing out of the house next to hers and offer to help her as she sits on the curb watching him.

mad at the thought that that was very unlikely to happen, arlo pulled at the string again, scaring herself as the lawn mower started roaring to life.

here goes nothing, arlo spoke to herself as se mowed the front yard.

.

about an hour later, arlo was a mess. she felt as if she had just jumped into the pool, she was drenched in sweat, she was sweating in places she didn't know could sweat.

but at least she was done with mowing the lawn. from her perspective it looked great, but as her dad looked at the yard shaking his head, he knew he would have to come back out later and redo it.

her dad left back inside, leaving arlo out on the porch, now with an ice cold water in her hand.

"mowing the lawn is hard. i hate doing it."

freezing at the sound of the voice, arlo slowly turned to find brandon standing in her driveway, hands in his short pockets. he wore a simple white tee and only had his lock chain on. his hair was slightly messy, but damn, did it look good on him.

"y-yeah," arlo stuttered, clearing her throat and used her forearm to wipe away the sweat she felt forming on her forehead.

out of all the times she's been dressing up nicely, this is the time he sees her. when she's in shorts and an oversized t shirt and sweating like crazy.

"i had a question to ask you, may i?" he asked, nodding his head to her.

curious as to what he could ask, arlo simply nodded, scooting over on the porch and patting the spot besides her. he walked up her driveway and over to the porch, taking a seat down besides her.

"what's up?" arlo asked, trying everything to not freak out that he was the one to actually come up to her first and start a conversation.

"how come you haven't answered my twitter dm?"

turning a bit red not only from the heat, arlo looked down at her drink, mixing the ice cubes around before taking a sip, "well it took you over a year to respond to my dms so i thought i would do the same," she shrugged, questioning where she got she random burst of confidence.

her response earned a chuckle from brandon, "fair enough.. how come you aren't pulling up to the fomo tour?"

"i just think it would be best if i didnt go.. i mean its not like you guys would actually care if i could go or not," arlo laughed sadly.

"i think you should come, i saw that you sold your ticket, i could put you on the vip list-"

"oh no no," arlo shook her head, "you don't have to do that.."

"i want to. i know someone who would be very excited to see you there," he smirked slightly, getting up from where they were seated and walked back into his house.

perhaps i have a lot of motivation for this book right now.. o.o

maybe there will be more frequent updates..

let's get this book to 1k votessss!

- spillthebeanz