Chapter 2

Peter had been scanned and given an I.D. card by JARVIS and was now walking through the tower with Ellie, looking around impressed at the way it was built. "This is one of the labs that Mr. Stark uses, but it's mainly used by Dr. Banner," Ellie said going inside with him.

Hearing his name, the brunette man looked up from his work and gave a small smile. "Hey, Ellie."

"Dr. Banner." She greeted casually with a small nod.

"I'm confused. He calls you by your first name, yet. You call him by his professional name?"

"During work hours, I call everyone higher up than me by their professional name. No time to be casual for this girl."

"You must be really serious about your job."

"That, and she likes annoying us with it." Going over to the tow, the scientist lightly shook Peter's hand. "Bruce Banner."

"Peter Parker. A pleasure to meet you. I'm actually a big fan of your work." Seeing the younger man's smile, Bruce was caught. He couldn't help but stare at the cute teen in front of him.

"Dr. Banner... are you okay?" Ellie asked, lightly putting a hand on his shoulder causing him to come back to reality.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Quickly letting go of Peter's hand, he went back to his work area, messing with a few things to try and look busy.

With a knowing smile, she headed out. "Come on Peter."

"Right. Coming." Turning back to Bruce, he took one last look at the older male. "Nice meeting you." Running off to catch up with his guide, Peter was confused about what had happened.

Back in the lab, Bruce tossed his glasses on the table and rubbed his face. "What is wrong with me? He's probably half my age, if not more! And he's a... a... a he. Plus, he'll never be safe." Sitting down, the scientist didn't know what to do. "Okay. I just need to ignore these new feelings and act normal. Natural... I'm doomed."

~~

"I'm surprised only Dr. Banner was in yesterday," I said handing my new friend some coffee.

"The rest of the team are on a mission. They should be back in about a week or so." Listening, I took a sip of my coffee and looked up to be met with a grinning rebel. "What's that grin for?"

".... Nothing." I didn't believe her. That grin never left her face as we went up the elevator. "You'll be helping out in the lab today."

"So, I'll be helping out Dr. Banner today?"

"If you don't mind? I'm on weapon detail. I can come to check on you later."

"I don't mind. Labs are a second home to me so it'll be perfect. Plus, I think I made a good first impression yesterday."

"More than you think."

More than I think? What could she mean by that? Shrugging, I made my way to the lab and was surprised to see the scientist nodding off. "Um... Dr. Banner, are you okay?"

His head snapped in my direction as soon as I spoke. Good thing I brought extra coffee, I could see the bags under his eyes. "I'm fine. Just... a bit tired."

"Were you here all night?"

"...Yes..."

Setting down the extra cup, I gave him a small smile. "I always bring extra."

"Thank you."

Over the next few weeks, Bruce and I became great friends. I was mostly working with him in the lab, and when I wasn't, I still brought him coffee. Lord knew he needed it. I can honestly say, this has been the best time of my life.

~

Coming back to the tower, Tony made his way to the lab he shared with Bruce, only for the way to be black by one of his assistants. "Ellie. Let me through."

"No-can-do Mr. Stark. Dr. Banner is talking with our newest assistant."

"Newest assistant? JARVIS, why didn't you inform me of this?"

"I did sir. But you told me to 'Shut up and let me blow stuff up.' If I'm recalling correctly."

Getting a look from the pale girl, he held up his hands in innocence. "Hey, don't give me that look. It was part of my mission."

"Whatever. You still can't go in."

"Why not? Are they having sex or something?"

"Ew, gross. No."

"Then move." Pushing past her, he went in and stopped. Standing there was one of the hottest nerds Tony had ever seen. Messy brown locks that he just wanted to run his fingers through. Big doe eyes that were a beautiful shade of brown but unfortunately were hidden behind some glasses, and an adorable smile. Not to mention he was holding a beaker. That made it all the better. Going over, the male cleared his throat, getting their attention. He gave a small smirk when they looked over at him, caught off guard by his sudden appearance. "Tony Stark. And you are?" He asked looking the teen up and down, taking in all his features.

"Peter Parker." He said, feeling nervous and a bit uneasy. "Um... it's nice to meet you, Mr. Stark..."

"Could I have you become my personal assistant?"

"P-personal assistant?"

"Think about it." Patting Peter's cheek lightly, Tony headed off to his office.

"Oh, my god. Tony Stark just asked me to be his personal assistant."

"That's... that's great Peter..." Bruce said a bit upset.

"Is something wrong?"

"No... no. I'm fine. You should take it."

'Oh man... what do I do?' He thought as he left to do the rest of his job. 'Why would he want me as his personal assistant after we just met...?'