Chapter 18

Loki laughed as he looked at the people laying on the ground. "Fallen, are the so-called heroes. You can protect the Earth twice but you can't even protect an 18-year-old boy? He and the Earth shall be mine."

"We shall never stop fighting brother. Even if you go get the Earth, we will Avenge it with our last breath."

"I knew you would say that."

"Loki!" Swinging down, Peter landed in front him clutching something behind his back. "Enough of this. I won't let you hurt them any longer. Your fight is with me, and only me. Understand?"

"I understand. How noble of you to come to their rescue. You do know the only way to save them is to give yourself over to me, right?"

"Oh no. There's more than one way. You need me alive for all of this to work. Isn't that right?"

Loki's face dropped with that one sentence. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, I would. You don't believe me?" Taking his hands out from behind his back, Peter held the dagger that Wade had given him for his birthday. Many shouts of trying to get Peter to not do it ringed in his ears, but he didn't listen. "I'm doing because I love these guys. I'm doing it to protect all the people I love and care about. Without me alive, you can't touch the Earth. You can't touch them."

"PETER NO!"

Bringing the dagger swiftly down, Peter plunged it into his heart and dropped to the ground in pain. He was losing his life, he saw a light and a familiar face. A smile formed on his lips as people yelled and ran around. Sounds dull and far away, vision blurry.

"Peter. Peter, you moron. Why did you do that?" MJ asked holding his pale and cold cheeks, tears in her eyes.

"I had to. If I didn't... Loki would have killed you all. Can you tell Aunt May everything? That... I'm Spider-Man and- "

"Shut up! Of course, I will... just shut up and let us help you!"

"You can't. As soon as the dagger is taken out I'll die. Please, take it out."

"You can't ask me to do that! I won't! You're my best friend!"

"Move."

"Ellie!" Running over, Wade pulled her into his arms. "Ellie, baby. What are you doing?"

"She won't do it." Getting out of her dad's arms and pushing past MJ, she sat next to Peter. "He wants us to finish it. Peter, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes... I must. To save everyone."

"Then let me," Wade said, going and standing over Peter. "You shouldn't have your clean hands tainted with blood. Especially at such a young age." Bending down and sitting on his knees, Wade put his hands on the hilt of the dagger. "Are you ready baby boy?" Getting a nod, Wade placed one last kiss on his lips before quickly pulling the dagger out, tears rolling quickly down his face.