Chapter 10

"Hey! He's free!"

"Shit." Zipping up my bag, I punched the first guy to come at me, sending him to the ground for only a few seconds. Man, these guys bounce back fast. Running over to Deadpool, who was taking down (killing) some guys, much to my horror and disgust, I was slammed into something with a small grunt of pain, my eyes closing on impact.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

Slowly opening my eyes, I saw a smirking Loki. Gulping, I was mad at myself and a bit ashamed for finding this a bit... well hot.

"Seems they know my type after all."

"This is going to be very stupid and bite me in the ass somehow... but, here goes nothing." Taking a deep breath, I quickly brought my knee up and got him in the crotch. Once he was on the ground in pain, I ran over to Deadpool. "Let's go!" Grabbing his wrist, I ran over to the ledge dragging him with.

"Just a question. It's cool and I don't question your sanity but, why are we running towards a ledge?"

"Trust me." Putting my arm around his waist, I jumped off with him, a loud 'wee' in my ear. I grabbed the edge of the next building. "Alright. Climb up. Quickly."

"Yes, sir." Once he was up, I swung myself up in a sort of backward flip and landed on my feet in front of him. "You're just full of surprises aren't cha, baby boy?"

"...Peter."

"What?" He asked me, surprised. I'm a bit surprised also.

"My name is Peter. Thank you for saving me."

"It's nothing..."

"Oh! Here. I didn't have to use it." Handing the dagger back to him, I gave him a confused look when he didn't take it back. "Something wrong?"

"Keep it. As I said, you should have a weapon on you at all times."

"But I- "

He cut me off with a hand on my face. "I'll even teach you how to use it if you want."

I didn't know what to say. I felt... really happy for some reason. "Thanks. I'll think of it as a birthday present. Now could you get your hand off my face?" Smiling a bit, I saw his face, well mask, change into a happy and surprised look as I pried his hand off.

After a moment, he gasped with his hands on his cheeks, making me laugh a bit. So over dramatic. "It's your birthday?!"

"Yes. I'd like for you to come to my party. If you want to that is. You don't have to."

"How could I say no to a cute birthday boy? Come on. Let's go! I'm still a bit shocked you want me there but let's go!"

Blushing at his comment, I could see some of the light that was hidden inside of him, and I would love to see more of it. I know some of his bad past, not much, but enough to help me understand him and why he does what he does, from hanging out with him as Spider-Man... I'm glad I could include him. He's not as bad as everyone thinks, and I wish they could see what I see. Smiling, we walked back to Aunt May's house with enough time for me to get ready.

"Alright. You stay here. My aunt and I will be right out. And if she comes out before me, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, tell her what just happened. Please. She will freak out." Running inside, I took the stairs to my room two at a time.

"Peter?!"

"Yeah Aunt May! I'm getting ready right now and I have a friend outside who is coming with us! I'll just be a few minutes!" Closing my door. I quickly threw on some black slacks and a long-sleeved red button-up with a dark blue tie. Grabbing a black hooded jacket, I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. "Spidey colors." Hurrying outside, I went over to Deadpool and Aunt May who were talking. Weird... they're getting along. Don't know if this is a good thing or not. We'll go with good for now.

"Oh Peter, why didn't you tell me you had such a charming and funny friend? Wade dear, you must join us for dinner next Saturday."

When we started walking, I pulled him back to walk with me. "What did you say to make her love you that quickly?"

"I don't know. I was just rambling like usual."

"Wow. She didn't even take to Harry that quickly. She must really like you."

"That's... good?"

"That's great. Especially if we start hanging out. I mean she did already invite you over for our family dinners. Speaking of hanging out, what are you doing next Friday night? My friend and I are having a movie night. You can join us if you're free. I'm sure she'd love you."

"R-Really? Even though- "

"Let me stop you right there. I don't know that much about your past, but your past does not define you. Your present and future do. Your choices here and now who you are and what you will become. So, will you let me be your friend?"

"I... I-I..."

"Oh, Peter. That's so sweet dear, but I think you've broken him, dear."

"Oh boy. Come on. You can answer later." I pulled him along gently the rest of the way to the Baxter Building.